Digital social innovation brings together people and digital technologies to tackle social and environmental challenges.
Across the world, thousands of people, projects and organizations are using digital technologies to tackle social and environmental challenges in fields ranging from healthcare, education and employment to democratic participation, migration and the environment. These initiatives use a broad range of established and emerging technologies – including collaborative platforms, open data, citizen sensing, digital fabrication, open hardware, blockchain, machine learning, and augmented and virtual reality – to empower citizens to collaborate and deliver social impact. They have the potential to transform the way our public services operate, revitalize civic life and allow citizens to become direct participants in tackling social challenges.
This year’s celebrations come at a time when the whole world is fighting one common enemy, the COVID-19 pandemic in its full glare. Based on the world’s demographics, around half of the global population is under 30 years old today. These youth people are the most affected in the COVID-19 pandemic as they are the most active stakeholders in the society in terms of productivity, mobility, and interaction, so this COVID-19 crisis is disruptive in terms of their lifestyle and prospects for their future. But challenging times require challenging measures. This crisis situation has also opened up numerous windows of opportunity for the youth to find alternative means in response to the COVID-19, especially for the more vulnerable communities and stakeholders in the society.
- 11 Winners will be declared from 7 Categories
- Each winner will get Scholarship Opportunity from UN SDG Academy
- Each Winner will get Trophy, Certificate, Partial Funded Trip to Germany to physically join UN SDG Global Festival of Action.
- Individuals and groups (not registered organizations/NPOs/NGOs/INGOs) who have led and supported their local communities, conducted voluntary activities to protect the environment and biodiversity, performed acts of bravery, etc. during the COVID-19 crisis situation
- Media personnel and people from different services who have taken life risks and performed their job during the COVID-19 situation
- individuals and organizations that have played crucial roles in combating the COVID-19 pandemic through online volunteerism i.e. online campaigns, information sharing etc
- Individuals and organizations that have come up with the most innovative and creative voluntary initiatives in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic
- Registered youth-led organizations that have made a significant and exemplary contribution through voluntary activities during the COVID-19 crisis situation
- SOCIAL INCLUSION
- Any SDG Platform
- Apply Online through the given link
- Individuals/organizations must submit their voluntary activities as asked in the registration forms
- Participants can register in multiple categories (maximum 2)
- Participation is allowed to the citizens with Muslim background from the selected regions
- The age limit is 18 to 35 years
- Individuals/organizations must submit valid evidence of the voluntary activities
- For video submission, video must not be more than one-minute long and must be submitted in MP4 format (and the size must not exceed 10MB)
- Valid legal documents must be submitted in case of registered organizations
- The participants must adhere to the event’s regulations and procedures as stated by the organizing committee
Application Deadline: May 20, 2021 (5 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link
For Further QueriesCall (What's Up) +16135181761 Mail- [email protected] www.bdsis2021.com
Disclaimer: Youth Opportunities spreads opportunities for your convenience and ease based on available information, and thus, does not take any responsibility of unintended alternative or inaccurate information. As this is not the official page, we recommend you to visit the official website of opportunity provider for complete information. For organizations, this opportunity is shared with sole purpose of promoting “Access to Information” for all and should not be associated with any other purposes.