The ASEAN Centre for Energy (ACE) is pleased to announce the 1st ASEAN Energy Youth Award in recognition of young educators’ a valuable contribution to nation-building, sustainable development, and energy transition.
The theme of the first Energy Youth award is “Advancing Sustainable Development and Energy Transition through Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy in the ASEAN Region”. This award is organized by ACE and supported by the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organisation (SEAMEO), the ASEAN Secretariat, and the ASEAN specialized energy bodies.
Objectives of the Award:
- To promote sustainable energy development in the ASEAN Member States.
- To encourage all the Youth of the ASEAN Member States to express their perspectives, insights, and innovative ideas for enhancing energy security, energy access, and affordability in a sustainable way.
- To engage the youth sector by using their creativity and innovation to develop an awareness of clean energy and sustainable environment
The Awarding Ceremonies will be held in conjunction with the Gala Dinner of the 38th ASEAN Ministers on Energy. Meeting (AMEM) and ASEAN Energy Business Forum (AEBF) 2020, in November 2020 in Vietnam. One of the BOJ will represent to announce the winner at AMEM 2020. The applicants will present their work during the Q&A session.
Categories of Award:
- Poster/Infographic Design
- Essay Writing
- The winners and runners-up will be selected by the Board of Judges as follow:
- Video: 1 Winner, 3 Runners-up
- Poster/Infographic Design : 1 Winner, 3 Runners-up
- Essay: 1 Winner, 3 Runners-up
- The winners and runners-up will be invited at the AEBF, AMEM, Gala Dinner in Vietnam, and awarded with Trophies presented by the BOJ.
- All the Applicants will receive a certificate from ACE.
- The award is open to ASEAN young educators.
- The award is open to enrolled High School and University/College (bachelor’s degree) Students.
- The award is eligible for both individual and team. If you are willing to participate in this event in the team, we don’t limit the number of the team.
- Each school can submit an entry into 3 categories. However, the individual /team can only participate in 1 category.
- For all 3 categories language should be English
- For the video category file type should be MP4, for the poster/infographic design category the file type should be JPG/JPEG, and for the essay writing category the file type should be PDF
- For the video category, the video length should be 3 minutes(max) and the file size should be 3 GB(max).
- For the poster/ infographic design category the poster/infographic design must be 2,000 x 2,000 pixels (max) and the file size should be 2 MB-5 Mb.
- For the essay writing category, the length of the essay should not be more than 1000 words, Typography should be Times New Roman, font size should be 12, spacing must be 1.5, paper size should be A4
- To submit your entries, send an email with your video/infographic/essay (you can put the file directly or use a google drive/dropbox link) and links to your social media posts to [email protected]
- Use the subject “AYEA2020 – Video – Name”.
- Use the subject “AYEA2020 – Poster – Name” [Poster/Infographic Design].
- Use the subject “AYEA2020 – Essay – Name” [Essay Writing].
- Your works must be submitted before 31st August 2020 at 00.00 Jakarta Time (GMT+7).
Application Deadline: August 30, 2020 (19 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link