Submissions are open for the 2021 World Innovation Summit for Education – WISE Awards. The 2021 WISE Awards will identify, celebrate, and promote six innovative projects for their positive contribution to education and society.
The Awards highlight initiatives found to be most creative and effective in finding solutions to education challenges at any level and in all environments. In bringing forward these models, WISE is helping build a network of recognized change-makers to inspire transformation and innovation in education.
Each year, the WISE Awards recognizes and promotes six innovative projects that address global education challenges and transforming communities. The selected projects are models of excellence that serve as an inspiration for others to improve education through innovation and creative action.
Each WISE Awards winning project will receive US$20,000 and will benefit from increased public interest through media exposure and other channels. The WISE Awards is not a grant scheme aimed at supporting projects, nor is it intended to be a source of funding for new and untried ideas. Any such applications or nominations will not be considered.
The WISE Awards recognize innovative educational projects that have already demonstrated a transformative impact on individuals, communities, and society.
- The ideal project would be an ongoing, innovative and impactful education initiative that:
- Has an excellent record of proven success
- Is financially sustainable
- Has a clear plan indicating the project’s future objectives and future development
- Is scalable
- Is replicable in other contexts and regions of the world
- Has a clear understanding and knowledge of:
- its innovative nature;
- its distinctiveness within its sphere of action, and;
- the type and depth of its impact on its beneficiaries.
Winning projects are supported by WISE through different channels:
- Money Prize: Each WISE Awards winning project will receive US$20,000.
- WISE Communications: Projects recognized by WISE are featured on the website, showcased and shared with the WISE community via social media.
- Multimedia productions: Special documentaries and videos are produced to showcase the work of the winning projects.
- WISE Books: Several WISE Awards finalists and winning projects have been featured in WISE Books which explore current challenges and solutions facing 21st-century education.
- The Global Summit and [email protected]: Representatives from Award-winning projects are also given the opportunity to present and discuss their work at dedicated sessions during the global biennial summit in Doha, Qatar or WISE regional summits, [email protected] In addition, projects are offered an opportunity to participate in global events organized in collaboration with WISE.
- Support to other WISE programs: Representative of former winning projects have been involved in other WISE projects, either through mentorship, participation in the selection processes, and fellowship programs.
- The 2021 WISE Awards submission procedure accepts both applications and nominations.
- Ongoing/existing education projects run by any type of organization such as colleges, universities, academic networks, schools consortia, civil society and community organizations, governments, international agencies and private-sector companies working in the field of education are invited to apply or nominate.
- Projects can also belong to any education sector such as pre-primary, primary, secondary, tertiary, vocational training, higher education, special needs education, education for people with disabilities, informal learning, and distance-based, non-formal and lifelong learning.
- Finally, projects from any part of the world can apply or be nominated for the WISE Awards.
- Anyone who has submitted a previous application to the WISE Awards can submit a new application for the same – or for a different – project.
- Previous recipients of the WISE Awards are not eligible to apply for the 200 WISE Awards. Moreover, others involved in the projects and/or activities that have received previous WISE Awards are not eligible to apply on behalf of the same project or activity.
In order for the application/nomination form to be eligible, your submission must:
- Be entered into the official form on the online system (curriculum vitae or other forms of documents will not be considered)
- Be complete and accurate
- Be submitted in English
- Be submitted online by the official deadline
- In the case of an application, the form must include the contact details of two supporters (e.g. former donors, local governments, other NGOs, etc.)
Application Deadline: December 20, 2020 (18 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link