Applications are now open! More than a ¼ of Kenyan youth are unemployed and the problem is even bigger for vulnerable youth groups (PWDs, single mothers, street youths, orphans, youth affected by conflict, youth from vulnerable and marginalized communities) however, Future Bora a Government of Kenya initiative under KYEOP has come up with an #initiative meant to empower organizations working on building a better future for these Kenyan youth by expanding their economic opportunities. If you are that organization, they want to hear it from you.
Future Bora seeks to catalyze programs that broaden economic opportunity for the most disadvantaged and under-served Kenyan youth, i.e. orphans, people with disabilities, single mothers, conflict-affected youth, street youth, youth between the ages of 18 and 29 from disadvantaged and oppressed groups.
Through promoting initiatives targeted to the local and particularly relevant needs of the most disadvantaged young people, the project seeks to reduce the challenges encountered by these young people when looking for ways to create jobs and income.
Future Bora will support organizations working with:
- Persons with disability
- Single mothers
- Youths affected by conflict
- Street youths
- Youth from vulnerable and marginalized communities
- Grant Funding
Grant funding of KSH 40 million for each of the three winning organizations disbursed in tranches.
Advisory and mentoring support for scale and growth.
Opportunity to show your intervention and gain visibility
- The organization must be registered in Kenya.
- All types of organizations (for-profit, not-for-profit), except state-owned enterprises and public institutions, are eligible to apply for the challenge
- The organization should have been operational for at least three years as of 1st September 2020 (applicants will be required to submit audited financial statements for the last three years).
- The intervention/solution submitted by the organization must be unique and innovative in solving unemployment issues faced by the most vulnerable and under-served Kenyan youth.
- At least 80% of the beneficiaries of the proposed intervention should be between the age of 18 and 29 years.
- Consortia are eligible to apply if the lead applicant fulfills all criteria and other partners fulfill at least 4 (out of 5) of the other criteria.
Eligible Regions: Organizations registered in Kenya.
- Apply online through the Apply Now link.
- Review all the questions and prepare your responses in advance, before you start filling up the form. You can download a copy of the application form.
- Please refer to the eligibility criteria before submitting your application.
- For organizations that have multiple interventions, submit the application for the most promising intervention that is aligned with the objective of the Future Bora Initiative.
- Applicants can save their progress on the application form by clicking on the “Save” icon at the end and keeping a record of the generated link. Using the generated link, applicants can return to the in-progress application. Please note that the application must be submitted before the deadline.
- All questions marked with * are mandatory, please ensure you fill them before submitting the application.
- Each descriptive question has a word limit specified, please refer to it while responding.
- Please note that no edits can be made to the application once it has been submitted.
Application Deadline: December 15, 2020 (12 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link