The Sartorius & Science Prize for Regenerative Medicine & Cell Therapy is an annual prize aimed at supporting and encouraging scientists focused on basic or translational research that advances medical progress in regenerative medicine and cell therapy.
Entries can be made in the fields of regenerative medicine, cell therapy, gene therapy, immunotherapy as well as materials and tissue engineering.
Established in 2017, the prize is awarded for outstanding research performed by the applicant and as a mutual endeavor to raise awareness for the field and its fundamental significance for our future.
- The winner of the Sartorius & Science Prize for Regenerative Medicine & Cell Therapy is awarded US$25,000 and a publication of his or her essay in Science (print & online).
- This Grand Prize essay and those of up to three runners-up are also published on Science Online.
- Also, up to three runners-up will be selected and awarded with US $ 5000 per runner-up and a publication in Science (online).
- The winner and the runners-up will be invited to attend the formal award ceremony.
- Furthermore, a 5-year AAAS membership and online subscription to Science, accompanied by other perks and benefits from Sartorius, are awarded!
- Entrants must have an advanced degree received on or after January 1, 2009. Candidates for M.D./Ph.D. degrees are eligible to compete for the prize if either their Ph.D. or final degree was awarded after January 1, 2009.
- The entrant must have performed the work described in the essay.
The entrant must submit the following items:
- A completed Entry Form (Check the Apply Now link).
- An essay, written by the entrant, which describes his or her research and showcases its innovation for the field. The essay must not exceed 1,000 words in length. The applicant must have performed all of the work.
- A one-page letter of recommendation from his or her postdoctoral adviser, supervisor, or other senior colleague who is familiar with the entrant’s work.
- A Curriculum Vitae that includes the following:
- Full citations of papers that the entrant has published on the research described in the essay
- Academic and professional awards and honors that the entrant has received; and
- Relevant professional experience
- Copies of two of the entrant’s papers that are most relevant to the essay.
The Entry Form and additional submission materials must be submitted electronically through the prize management system.
Application Deadline: October 1, 2019 (106 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link