WaterAid Bangladesh (WAB) invites research proposals on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) in Community Clinics from recent Master’s graduates, young professionals, and Masters students of Public Health (MPH) and other relevant disciplines (e.g. Development Studies, Environmental Science, Gender Studies, Social Sciences, Medical Sciences) of any public or private universities/institutions of Bangladesh for a research fellowship.
We are offering fellowships worth BDT 50,000/- – 100,000/- (includes field visit and based on submitted budget) to support young researchers conducting empirical research on this topic.
An additional 50,000/- will be provided for additional two months on successful shaping and submission to a reputed, peer-reviewed, high-impact International Journal. However, upon successful publication in an international journal, an additional incentive of 100,000/- will be awarded.
1) Master’s graduates and young professionals should have finished their study within last 3 years, <35 years of age and must currently be engaged in an area of work relevant to their research proposal.
2) Students applying must be enrolled in a Masters programme of a Government approved private or public university/institution of Bangladesh. The proposed research should be an integral part for the partial fulfilment of the applicant’s Masters programme.
3) The young researchers should have permission from their work/academic institutions.
The research should focus on critical issues related to WASH in Community Clinics. Where relevant, the issues should reflect the multi-sectoral aspect of WASH, such as its relation to health, nutrition, education, integrated water resource management (IWRM), governance, client satisfaction, service quality, patient flow etc.Eligible Regions: Bangladesh
1) Expression of interest along with envisaged budget and proposed time line for conducting the research.
2) Research proposal/concept signed by the academic/work supervisor. The proposal/concept must be submitted outlining:
- Background: Importance of the selected research project focusing WASH in CCs
- Methods and materials: The research methodology in details
- Results expected: Outcome of the research
The concept note should be limited to a maximum of 4 pages.
3) A signed approval letter from the academic/institutional supervisor.
4) For students, an approval letter signed by the Head of the Institution/ Department/ Division stating the applicant’s information (i.e. enrollment year, registration no, academic records etc.) along with the declaration that the proposed research would constitute his/her partial fulfillment of the Masters academic programme offered by the Institution/ University.
5) Curriculum vitae of the applicant with signature with a PP size photo.
All necessary documents should be submitted electronically (not more than 8MB) to [email protected] by 18 July 2019.
The electronic application package must contain all scanned copies of the original signed documents in attachment. The subject line must be “Young Researchers Fellowship Programme 2019” and the name of the applicant’s department/division and institution/university. The applicant must submit all original documents upon preliminary selection. Please note that no hard copy will be considered for selection.
For Further Details, Please Visit: bit.ly/YRF2019
Application Deadline: July 18, 2019 (2 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link