About this scholarship:
Australia Awards Scholarships are long-term development awards administered by the Australian Government. The study and research opportunities provided by Australia Awards Scholarships develop recipients’ skills and knowledge and help them build networks to drive change and contribute to development.
Australia Awards Scholarships offer emerging Bangladeshi leaders the opportunity to undertake full-time postgraduate study in Australia in priority fields relating to Bangladesh’s development. Scholars are well supported throughout the period of their studies in Australia.
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to attend an interview. The interview will focus on your prospective study in Australia, your personal and leadership attributes, and how you will apply your studies to the development of your country.
By September, you will be notified of the outcome of your application. If you are offered an Australia Awards Scholarship, you will be asked to enter into a contract with the Australian Government.
You will attend a Pre-Departure Briefing in Bangladesh before you leave. The briefing will help you prepare for your study and life in Australia.
Arrival and enrolment
Once you arrive in Australia, you will receive assistance to help you settle in and get started with your studies. Among this assistance will be an Introductory Academic Program delivered through your host institution.
Once you graduate, you must return home for at least two years to contribute to the development of Bangladesh. You will be encouraged to put your new skills, knowledge and networks to use.
English language test:
To be eligible for an Australia Awards Scholarship, you must meet certain standards in English language proficiency, with the results valid as at 1 February 2020. At minimum, you must have:
- an IELTS (Academic) overall score* of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0; or
- an internet based TOEFL score* with a minimum of 21 in all subjects; or
- an equivalent PTE Academic overall score of 58 with no communicative skill score less than 50.
Scores must be submitted with the application.
Women, people with disability and those from ethnic minorities are permitted to submit an overall IELTS score of at least 6.0 with no band less than 5.5 (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score). However, if selected for the Scholarship, they must meet the English language admission requirement of the relevant Australian institution.
English language testing
The cost of English language testing can be high. Proper preparation considering your individual needs is key to successfully submitting your application.
Please visit the following websites for more details:
- British Council — Bangladesh
- IDP — International Education Specialists
- Pearson — PTE Academic in Bangladesh
People with disability wishing to apply are encouraged to get in touch with English language test centres as early as possible, as the testing facility will need time to make necessary adjustments to meet individual needs.
See the official website.
- Applications are accepted from Bangladeshis who meet the strict eligibility criteria.
- Women, people with disability and individuals from traditionally-marginalised groups are encouraged to apply.
- Applications for Australia Awards Scholarships are open between 1 February and 30 April each year.
- Information on applying, including all supporting documentation required for applications, is available on this website during the application period.
Applications for Australia Awards Scholarships commencing in 2020 are now open and will close 30 April 2019
The application process is transparent and competitive, providing equal opportunity to all eligible applicants, regardless of gender, ethnicity or disability.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link