UNDP is looking for young talent with a passion to contribute to Bangladesh at this exciting and transitional time when the country is becoming a middle income and prosperous society and being recognized as a champion of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This is an excellent opportunity for young talent to learn from the country’s top thematic leaders and grow as professionals within the development sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Programme Specialist (Environmental Sustainability & Energy) or Project Manager of the relevant project, the Intern will assist in conducting research, compilation and collation of information and data, management of the event, supporting project operation, support in accounting and finance and support communication activities for UNDP R&IG cluster. S/he will support the project/program management team in achieving daily targets of operation. The intern will be placed to project or country office based on their academic background and academic interest.
- Develop the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Develop the ability to adjust to difficult living conditions.
- Develop strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Enrollment in a graduate-level degree programme in Economics, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Environmental Sciences/Management, Engineering, Biological Science, Geography, Sociology, etc.; Only those students who will return to their studies upon completion of their internship assignments are eligible. (Letter of enrollment from school will be requested from the selected applicants);
- Outstanding academic credentials at the undergraduate level;
- Fluent in communicating in both English and Bangla;
- Good planning skills demonstrated through good time management, capacity to plan, and deliver tasks on time;
- Willingness to participate in all aspects of UNDP programme activities;
- Strong computer skills, particularly of MS Word, and e-mail applications.