ActionAid Bangladesh is looking for Senior Officer – Communication 2021 in Cox’s Bazar.
ActionAid Bangladesh (AAB) has been responding the Rohingya Crisis in Cox`s Bazar since the crisis started. The Senior Officer- Communications will work under Rohingya Response Programme (RRP) in ActionAid Bangladesh. The core activities of the position will be story and image content collection and development, material development, media relation and emergency response activities. He/she will work under the direct supervision of Lead-Communications to identify relevant communication tools and techniques to raise the profile of Rohingya Response Programme in terms of audience engagement and content promotion.
- Communication Strategy and Stakeholder Engagement
- Support in developing and implementing communications strategies for Rohingya Response Programme.
- Liaise with the filed and national programme and communication team to deliver and disseminate communication content, materials, and information.
- Ensure effective internal and external communications for RRP according to the ActionAid Bangladesh brand and standards.
- Coordinate and regular communication with Communication Focal Persons (CFP)s of RRP.
- Content development, promotion, and dissemination
- Develop a suite of content, written and audio-visual, illustrations that is of high-quality, relevant, and interesting to a variety of external and internal audiences, for multiple online and offline channels.
- Prepare/collect/edit emergency communication materials, i.e., case study, report, article, etc.
- Plan and review external and internal communications contents to promote on various platforms.
- Documentation of events, programme learning and impacts of emergency Rohingya Response Programme.
- Use a variety of tools, techniques to write, produce and disseminate communication materials.
- Play an active role to disseminate the contents/products through proper channels.
- Media Management
- Develop media communication strategy for the Rohingya Response Programme.
- Maintain a good rapport/relationship with the media to mobilise them and Design content for proactive media campaign and reactive media communications and execute media campaigns of the organization.
- Establish professional contact with key local and foreign media working in Cox’s Bazar. And, pro-actively promote AAB content and facilitating media visits to projects.
- Producing reports on the local media landscape as well as achieved results and future priorities, identifying risks and opportunities.
- Organise media events for the organisation. Generate media contents (Press Kit, Press Invitation, Press Release & press related documents)
- Develop and maintain media database & communication in Cox’s Bazar.
- Organise training and orientation for media.
- Manage media crisis as and when required under the guidance of Lead-Communications.
- Emergency/Humanitarian Response Communication, Capacity Building and Reporting
- Work with national EFAST communication focal person. Develop SitRep, and other communication report.
- Assess needs of Programmes, Projects and Functions about the capacity building related to communication, branding and other issues.
- Provide necessary support in donor communication.
ActionAid is a global movement of people working together to further human rights for all and defeat poverty. They believe everyone has the power within them to create change for themselves, their families and communities. ActionAid is a catalyst for that change.
Check the official link.
- Master’s degree, preferably in Mass Communication & Journalism/ International Relation/ English/ Social Sciences/ Development Studies
- At least 3/4 years or more of sound experience in communication and knowledge management.
- Proven skill of photography, videography and illustrations.
- Must have professional writing capacity in English and Bangla,
- Proficient with MS office suite
- Able to take decision in a timely manner, prioritize and multi-task seamlessly.
- Orientation to gender sensitivity.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Team player with strong experience in multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment.
To apply, visit the Official Link or click on Apply Now.
Application Deadline: June 5, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link