UNFPA Bangladesh is looking for Youth Intern 2021 in Dhaka
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Representative (for Task 1) and guided by Programme Specialist for Adolescents and Youth (for Task 2), the intern will support the Programme portfolio with a specific focus on supporting the coordination of CPAP equivalent development across programme units. She/he will support coordination of youth participation and empowerment initiative within the inter-agency Youth working group and Youth Development Centers.
- Programme management and coordination portfolio:
- Support coordination of development of CPAP equivalent document across all programme units;
- Provide programming research support in the priority areas that it determined jointly by the supervisor;
- Support inter-agency coordination programming work, namely UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework and its implementation plan;
- Prepare necessary documents contributing to the development of CPAP equivalent.
- Youth programme portfolio:
- Support compiling best practices, lessons learnt, experiences and stories on youth participation and support in managing Youth coordination meetings;
- Engage with the Youth programme team in generating creative and innovative ideas to UNFPA’s Youth programming in general and Youth Development Centers in specific;
- Assist in preparation of digital life skills education and comprehensive education programming knowledge resources, communications and background materials for internal and external use; and,
- Participate in various meetings with UNFPA, with partners and other stakeholders and
- prepare notes/meeting minutes;
UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, is the United Nations sexual and reproductive health agency. Our mission is to deliver a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA calls for the realization of reproductive rights for all and supports access to a wide range of sexual and reproductive health services – including voluntary family planning, maternal health care and comprehensive sexuality education.
- Increased understanding of UNFPA’s work and the UN system;
- Understand UNFPA programme design and delivery mechanisms;
- Learn UN technical language, working procedures, and coordination mechanisms;
- Work experience as a team member in a multicultural setting;
- Increased substantive knowledge of youth development in general and youth SRHR and Youth development in specific in Bangladesh;
- Increased knowledge related to programme implementation, documentation and management;
- Network with UN colleagues.
- The intern should be a fresh graduate within one year or currently enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme or be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher);
- Preferred areas of studies are international development, social sciences, gender studies, humanitarian studies, or other similar subject at the university level.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English;
- Strong research and writing skills, with strong analytical skills and creative thinking;
- Initiative, sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Previous volunteer experience from the non-profit sector or engagement with youth groups is an advantage.
To apply, please visit the Official Link or Apply Now.
Application Deadline: July 29, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link