Vanderbilt International Summer Research Academy 2015 in USA
Deadline: January 15, 2015 | Views: 30
Date: 8 June – 1 August 2015.
Type: Fully Funded.
Open to: undergraduate students who are non-U.S. citizens.
The Vanderbilt International Summer Research Academy (VISRA) is an international scholar program that supports international undergraduate students who desire a taste of biomedical research at a high caliber US University. VISRA is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for international undergraduate students.
If you are selected for this highly competitive program, you will be matched with a Vanderbilt faculty scientist and you will work on a research project in their lab during your time at Vanderbilt. In your application you will be asked to list six Vanderbilt faculty scientists that you would be interested in working with during VISRA. You can find a complete list of all Vanderbilt University Medical Center faculty
- Applicants cannot be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- Applicants should have a strong desire to pursue an advanced (PhD) degree and should be highly motivated to learn;
- Applicants should have completed at least 2 years of university studies, achieving high grades;
- Applicants should have excellent English language skills.
The Program covers:
- Round-trip airplane ticket;
- Transportation to and from the Nashville airport;
- A stipend of $3,000.00 to help you pay other expenses (meals, local transportation, etc.) during VISRA;
- Health insurance as required to meet US immigration regulations.