The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls 2016 in South Africa
Deadline: February 13, 2015 | Views: 72
Location: South Africa.
The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls provides students in Grades 8 through 12 with an opportunity to develop their full intellectual, social and leadership potential. To be eligible, Girls must be South Asian, demonstrate academic and leadership potential and come from a disadvantaged background.
The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls- South Africa is a female boarding school founded in January 2007 and located in Johannesburg, South Africa. The academy was founded by Oprah Winfrey with the goal of providing educational leadership opportunities for academically gifted girls from impoverished backgrounds.
- Academic talent with leadership potential
- South African Citizen or permanent residency
- Total family household income of less than R8,000 per month
- Currently in Grade 7, entering Grade 8 in 2016.
- Selected Applicants will be invited to write entrance test, which will be held at a number of venues throughout South Africa. Further selection and more extensive testing of academic and leadership potential will follow the first round.
- Final selection camps lasting 2 or 3 days will be held at the academy later in the year.