Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP) – Call for applications
Deadline: August 3, 2014 | Views: 29
Costs: Participation in the programme is offered free of charge and includes, meals, accommodation and travel expenses to Sweden.
Participation in the local follow-up workshops is also covered by the Swedish Institute. The Swedish Institute is pleased to announce the possibility for young professionals to apply for participation in a new training programme arranged during 2014 in cooperation between SI and Lund University. The topic is Increased Transparency through Governance and Control in Governmental Institutions. The Swedish Institute (SI) Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP) is a training programme developed to build awareness, capacity and resilience in the practice of governance in the countries included in the EU Eastern Partnership.At the same time the focus of SAYP is to strengthen young professionals and their individual capabilities to meet the requirement of a modern governance structure. In the SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals, the participants will also be able to expand their own contact networks and share ideas, experiences and challenges. The programme also includes possibilities to participate in follow-ups and thematic workshops afterwards, as fellows of the Swedish Institute alumni network – a vast professional and global contact network meant to keep building good practices and mutual learning processes for a sustainable future. We invite you to apply for participation in a two-week intense training session held in Sweden at Lund University.
The programme is targeted primarily at young professionals (25-35 years old) already employed in the state structures, working with development of policy and measures to create a more transparent, resilient and efficient public administration. Applicants may desirably work within financial management/control and audit services. Although focusing on mainly young professionals, SAYP also targets students on the master’s level who have a major in political sciences, public administration, journalism or economics. A general requirement for any applicant is a good command of English language (the degree of proficiency should be specified in the CV) and a relevant education, consisting of at least three years of previous studies. Citizens of Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine may apply for participation. Young professionals employed in any of the above-mentioned countries but with a citizenship of another country in the Baltic Sea region are also qualified to apply.
The application is made electronically, using the SI online application portal. You need to go through the following steps in order to apply for participation in SAYP 2014:
- Prepare your Motivation letter according to the SI template. Motivation letters in any other templates or formats are NOT valid. Make sure to read the questions in the Motivation Letter thoroughly and be specific and personal in your reasoning. Without exception, answers may not exceed the allowed number of characters (letters and spaces) for each question.
- Prepare your Curriculum Vitae (CV) in the Europass format of maximum 3 pages. Any CV submitted in another format than the Europass will NOT be considered as valid. Additional pages will be disregarded.
- Prepare a Letter of Reference according to the SI template. Remember that a letter of reference that is not signed will NOT be considered as valid.
- Prepare a Case/project outline, describing an identified problem/challenge (or possibility for improvement) that you, together with your home organization have identified as important to address. It is recommended that the case is developed in collaboration between you and your closest head/director (if you are a professional) or academic supervisor (if you are a student). The case cannot exceed 2 pages in total, and must be prepared according to the instructions.
- Apply using the SI online application portal and attach the necessary enclosures. The link to the application portal will be available on this page during the application period 4 June – 3 August 2014. Remember that an application that has not been submitted within this period will not be taken into consideration.