International Youth Camp 2015 in Cambodia
Deadline: November 21, 2014 | Views: 35
Date: 4-10 January 2015.
Type: Fully Funded.
TI Cambodia will host the first International Youth Camp for ‘Youth Empowerment for Transparency and Integrity’ on 4-10 January 2015 in Siem Reap province. Participants from Cambodia and six countries from across Asia Pacific will share their knowledge and experience and learn about transparency, integrity and the causes and consequences of corruption.
TI chapters from Bangladesh, Malaysia, Indonesia, Pakistan, Philippines, Vietnam and Cambodia will all send delegates to the week-long event.
If you want to stand a chance to attend the camp, meet fellow anti-corruption activists from across the region and have a great time, do not hesitate to apply!
All expenses (accommodations, food, and transportation) will be covered by TI Cambodia.
To be eligible you must:
- Be a citizen of and currently residing in Cambodia (citizens from Bangladesh, Malaysia, Indonesia, Pakistan, Philippines and Vietnam, please contact your local TI chapter for more information regarding the application process);
- Be between 15-30 years old;
- Be a high school or university student;
- Have good command in spoken and written English;
- Be passionate about the fight against corruption and willing to be a role model;
- Be familiar with Internet, email and social media;
- Show integrity, accountability and open-mindedness;
- Be committed to share and learn from others during the camp and participate in all camp activities;
- Show enthusiasm for teamwork and be happy to share tents for accommodation;
- Be ready to share the lessons learn and initiate integrity projects after the camp.
At the International Youth Camp you will:
- Learn how to become socially responsible and share knowledge;
- Stand a chance to represent a youth from Cambodia, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Indonesia, Pakistan, Philippines and Vietnam;
- Become part of an active youth network fighting corruption across Asia Pacific;
- Have a unique cultural learning experience;
- Get the chance to visit the famous Angkor Wat temples.