Global Social Benefit Institute Accelerator Programme for Social Entrepreneurs
Deadline: October 23, 2015 | Views: 56
Location: United States of America.
Founded in 2003, the Global Social Benefit Institute (GSBI®) serves social entrepreneurs around the world who are developing innovative solutions that provide a sustainable path out of poverty.
GSBI Boost (Blueprint stage):
GSBI Boost is a 3-day workshop for early-stage social entrepreneurs to outline the business and develop the business model. You gain a business plan that demonstrates your impact, growth, and long-term financial sustainability.
GSBI Online (Validate stage):
GSBI Online is a 6-month mentored program for early-stage social entrepreneurs. It is designed to improve your business model and growth strategy, create your business plan, and test assumptions.
GSBI Accelerator (Prepare Stage):
GSBI Accelerator is a 10-month mentored program for established social entrepreneurs. It helps you address internal gaps in your organization and prepare for significant investment and massive scale.
This program is for leaders of social enterprises that:
- Place equal or greater emphasis on social impact vs. financial return
- Serve the poor
- Address a problem that affects more than one million people worldwide
- Have a product or service with measurable social impact
Who Should Apply:
- For-profit or Non-profit
- Social impact mission
- Operational for 3+ years
- Validated business model
- Proven technology, product, or service
- Preparing to scale impact
- Two Silicon Valley mentors
- Financial plan for scaling
- Organizational development
- Talent management
- Marketing strategy and execution
- Operational excellence at scale
Cost free for Social Entrepreneurs. The program is offered at no cost to participating entrepreneurs. Participants in the GSBI Accelerator are only expected to pay for roundtrip airfare to San Jose or San Francisco, California for the August in-residence. Program staff time, in-residence meals, and accommodations for the GSBI Accelerator program are all paid for through the fundraising efforts of the Miller Center. Participants in GSBI Online are completing the course remotely and require no travel.
- GSBI Online Deadline: Apr. 22
- GSBI Accelerator Deadline: Oct. 23