Call for Applications: ProSPER.Net Leadership Programme 2016
Deadline: June 10, 2016 | Views: 6,283
ProSPER.Net is currently inviting applications for its 2016 ProSPER.Net Leadership Programme with an aim to provide opportunities for participants to develop inter-disciplinary skills to lead sustainable development initiatives appropriate to local, regional or global contexts. Participants will go through a unique experience that will assist them in leading efforts towards developing work with a clearer vision and understanding regarding diverse perspectives, focusing on collaborative efforts, leveraging networks and involving multiple stakeholders.
Participants of the Leadership Programme will:
- Gain competencies in adaptive leadership, which involves creativity, appreciative thinking, alternative scenario building, and future visioning;
- Gain skills in communication and consensual decision-making processes through interpersonal active listening activities, and group decision-making simulations;
- Learn team project development skills through problem-based learning cases in the community;
- Enhance leadership qualities to serve societal needs.
Participants will be selected on the basis of written application according to the following criteria:
- Affiliation to a ProSPER.Net member university; YRS alumni; YSA finalist or winner; professionals from public and private sector working in the Asia-Pacific region;
- High level of understanding of written and spoken English language;
- An advanced understanding of sustainability and its relevance for own research or work;
- Demonstrated leadership ability to work in a team environment and contribute to community service activities;
- Eligible Countries: Australia, China, Fiji Islands, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, United States, Vietnam.
- For those who wish to participate in the programme, please read the instructions in the application form and submit the form along with a CV and a recommendation letter from the direct supervisor via email;
- Application form and tentative programme are available on the given website.