UAE Government IRENA Scholarship Programme 2015 for International Students
Deadline: September 15, 2015 | Views: 74
Location: United Arab Emirate.
Type: Full Scholarship.
The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) is now accepting applications for IRENA scholarship programme available for international students. Up to 20 highly-accomplished applicants are annually awarded an IRENA scholarship at the Abu Dhabi based Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), with the generous support of the Government of the United Arab Emirates. Applications for the IRENA Scholarship Programme 2015-2017 can be submitted by 15 September 2015.
All graduate and foundation year students enrolled at the Masdar Institute can also apply to the IRENA scholarship programme through the online Masdar Institute application process or after arrival at Masdar Institute. Successful applicants gain access to the IRENA lecture programme, short term assignments with IRENA, the possibility of first-hand experience with IRENA through an internship and the opportunity to network.
All accepted students at Masdar Institute receive a full scholarship for 2 years, which includes tuition, textbooks, housing, medical insurance, laptops and travel expenses with no bonds upon graduation. Additionally, the institute also provides each student with the cost of living allowance for other expenditures. The Masdar Student Academic Handbook provides crucial information about aspects such as general procedures and policies, research possibilities, registration, etc.
- The applications received for the IRENA Scholarship Programme shall be selected as per the following selection criteria, with candidates being ranked in accordance with their overall score. The top 20 students are selected.
- Interest in renewable energy technologies and their applications and Interest in International Development Projects in particular specific IRENA projects.
- Strong motivation and clear approach for development of knowledge, skills and experiences in a specific focus area and Preference to focus areas which are mutually relevant to IRENA and Masdar.
- Academic accomplishments in terms of prior education, achievements, certifications, GRE and TOEFL scores.
- Diversity of background is preferred and Relevant work experience to match interests in specific focus areas.
Interested candidates aiming for foundation or graduate level education at the Masdar Institute can apply for the IRENA Scholarship Programme through two possible ways:
- Applications can be submitted through the online Masdar Institute application platform, by selecting the box for ‘IRENA scholarship’ in addition to the ‘Masdar Institute scholarship’ box. The candidates for IRENA scholarship shall be selected from the applicants who have been successfully admitted to Masdar Institute and have successfully met the criteria stated for IRENA scholarships.
- It is important to comply with the Masdar Institute selection criteria to be accepted for the Masdar Institute Graduate Programme and also for the IRENA scholarship. The applicant criteria for Masdar Institute requires an undergraduate degree from a college, university or technical college of acceptable standing in the field of science, engineering or information technology; minimum CGPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0; competence in spoken and written English verified through a minimum TOEFL score of 91 (IBT) on the international TOEFL or a minimum academic IELTS score of 6.5; and a minimum GRE quantitative score of 700 (or 155 on the new scale).
- Once admitted to Masdar Institute, the students can also submit their IRENA application by the 15th of September annually via email. The applications should mention the student’s faculty at Masdar and include an up-to-date CV, together with a statement or letter of purpose.