The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships Program 2015 for International Students
Deadline: November 5, 2014 | Views: 66
Open to: canadian and international students.
Type: Fully Funded.
The Government of Canada offers Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships for Canadian and international students studying at Canadian universities. Up to 167 scholarships are awarded annually for a period of three years. Students must be nominated by only one Canadian university, which must have received a Vanier CGS allocation. Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier CGS program. Each Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship is valued at $50,000 per year.
What does it cover? Each Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship is valued at $50,000 per year.
Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to be nominated for a Vanier CGS. To be considered for a Vanier CGS, you must:
- be nominated by only one Canadian university, which must have received a Vanier CGS allocation;
be pursuing your first doctoral degree (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD). Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating university; Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- not have completed more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2015.
- have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your university, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent. Candidates are encouraged to contact the university for its definition of a first-class average; and
- not have already received a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR,NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
- Academic excellence, as demonstrated by past academic results and by transcripts, awards and distinctions.
- Research potential, as demonstrated by the candidates research history, his/her interest in discovery, the proposed research and its potential contribution to the advancement of knowledge in the field, the potential benefit to Canadians, and any anticipated outcomes.
- Leadership (potential and demonstrated ability), as defined by the following qualities:
- Personal Achievement:
- Involvement in Academic Life:
- Volunteerism/community outreach:
- Civic engagement:
How to Apply: Applications are prepared by the student and submitted to the university by the nominating university’s internal deadline (set in ResearchNet by the nominating university) using the ResearchNet application system.http://www.youthop.com/scholarships/the-vanier-canada-graduate-scholarships-program-2015-for-international-studentshttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Vanier-Canada-Graduate-Scholarships-Program-2015-for-International-Students-1024x534.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Vanier-Canada-Graduate-Scholarships-Program-2015-for-International-Students-300x300.jpgScholarshipsFully Funded,Government of Canada,Scholarship,The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships Program