Scholarship for Foreign Students by Honjo International Scholarship Foundation in Japan
Deadline: November 30, 2014 | Views: 62
The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation for Student’s Scholarship (for graduate students) 2015 invites application to foreign students who will attend a graduate school at a Japanese university. The foundation provides the students with scholarship to study in Japanese graduate schools for the purpose of earning doctoral degree. Number of scholarships available is 15 to 20.
The payment of the scholarship money will be issued starting from April 2015. The student after awarding the scholarship will be able to choose the option given below-
- ¥200,000 per month for 1 or 2 years
- ¥180,000 per month for 3 years
- ¥150,000 per month for 4 or 5 years
- The applicant must not possess Japanese citizenship and he or she must be considered to be in need of financial aid due to poor financial conditions.
- The student must be registered to attend a graduate school after 1 April 2015 and must be able to provide any of the following documentation: a certificate of enrollment, a letter of admission or a letter attesting to the fact that the student has been accepted.
- Students who want to be enrolled in a PhD Program must have been born after 31 March 1979 while for Master’s Program he or she must have been born after 31 March 1984.
- The student must assure the committee that he or she would be able to secure employment in their home country after graduating from school.
- This does not require him or her to have employment guaranteed or to return his or her home country immediately after graduating the university, but he or she is expected to have strong will of working in his or her home country in the future.
- The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill, and must be able to attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member.
- The student must be able to carry an everyday conversation in Japanese.
How to Apply:
- Applicants are advised to save their number of application which will be announced on the website on January 31, 2015.
- Application number has to be mentioned in the application form and sent to the administration office by post mail along with other documents.
- Research plan must be focusing upon the points i) an outline of the research ii) projected schedule between now and graduation iii) plans and goals for the future iv) research you have conducted in the past (if any).
- All the applicants must provide the academic transcript from undergraduate course which must also include a recommendation letter from a professor, a certificate of enrollment or a letter of admission.
- All the documents should be in Japanese or English language.