Romanian Government Scholarships for Foreign Students in Romania
Deadline: March 15, 2016 | Views: 1,055
Type: Full Scholarship.
Applications are invited for Romanian Government scholarships available for citizens of non EU countries. Up to 85 scholarships are awarded for undergraduate and postgraduate studies in Romania. The monthly amount is granted to the students of the 1st (licenta) and 2nd (master) cycle throughout the whole academic year, the winter and spring vacation included, but not during the summer vacation. For full-time students of the 3rd cycle (doctorate), the monthly amount is granted throughout the whole calendar year.
Citizens of non EU countries (irrespective of their country of residence). Priority is given to citizens from non EU states with which Romania does not have cultural and education cooperation agreements. Mention should be made that foreign citizens of Romanian origin and those belonging to the neighbouring historic Romanian communities benefit from other scholarship programmes offered by the Romanian state.
Scholarship Open for International Students: Citizens of non EU countries (irrespective of their country of residence) can apply for these Romanian government scholarships.
The scholarship consists of:
- Free-of-charge tuition,
- Free-of-charge accommodation (depending on availability, accommodation will be offered free-of-charge in students hostels, in keeping with the higher education regulations and within the limits of the sums available for this purpose),
- Financial support – a monthly amount representing : the equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for the under-graduate students (1st cycle), the equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle, RI737126839CN the equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for post graduate students (doctor’s degree) 3rd cycle.
- These scholarships do not cover food, international and local transport. The candidates must be prepared to support personally any other additional expenses.
To get all the necessary information about the scholarships (conditions, necessary documents, enrolment calendar) and to submit their application files, the candidates should apply directly to:
- the Romanian diplomatic missions accredited to the candidate’s country of origin or of residence or to
- the diplomatic mission of candidate’s state of origin accredited to Bucharest
- Application files submitted by post or directly to the MFA or to the MECS, as well as application files received after the announced deadline will not be taken into consideration.
- Applications files should contain documents in English or French language.
- If the application files contain documents in other foreign languages than English or French, they must be accompanied by authorized translations in one of the following languages: Romanian, English or French. Generally, Romanian universities may require that all enrolment documents should be accompanied by authorized copies and authorized translations in Romanian. It is of utmost importance to fill in correctly all forms.