Malaysian Government Scholarships 2016 for International Students
Deadline: April 30, 2016 | Views: 5,463
The Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government’s effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
- Not be more than 40 years (Postgraduate) and 45 years (Post-doctoral) of age during application.
- Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Masters Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Masters degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study. In addition, for post-doctoral programme, the selection will be evaluated based on the number of books produced, refereed/non refereed journals, portfolio and patent copyright. The Post-Doctoral candidate must have excellent reputation in research and possesses knowledge related to the research to be carried out.
- Took one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required:
1. IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; or
2. TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
3. In excellent health condition and certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional. The cost of medical examination is to be borne by the applicants.
3. Wrote a proposal that is relevant to the field of studies.
4. Has applied for and gained admission to postgraduate and post-doctoral studies in Malaysia (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with the Universities in Malaysia).
- Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia
- An approved tuition fees
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Annual grant for books and internal travel
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Installation and Termination grant
- Thesis allowance
· Field of studies is in the following priority areas:
- Science and Engineering
- Agriculture and Fisheries
- Economics and Islamic Finance
- Information and Communication Technology
- Biosecurity and Food Safety
- Infrastructure and Utility
- Environmental Studies
- Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy.
* Applicants may choose any related course within the field/areas mentioned above
You have to submit the following documents along your application.
- Confirmation of Completion Study
- Application for Family Allowance
- Refund Application Form
- Application for Thesis Allowance
- Endorsement Form
- Medical Report
- Recommendation Letter
Visit the official page to read more, create an account and apply. All the best and share your success story with us!http://www.youthop.com/scholarships/malaysian-government-scholarships-2016-for-international-studentshttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Malaysian-Government-Scholarships-2016-for-International-Students.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Malaysian-Government-Scholarships-2016-for-International-Students-150x150.jpgScholarships