Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program 2017
Deadline: April 29, 2016 | Views: 51,531
MEXT (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology) offers scholarships to international students who wish to study at Japanese universities as research students under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program for 2017 as stipulated below.
Fields of Study:
Fields of study must be subjects which applicants will be able to study and research at Japanese universities.
- Nationality: Applicant must have the nationality of a country which has diplomatic relations with the Japanese government. Applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application will not be eligible.
- Age: Applicant must have been born on or after April 2,1982.
- Academic Background: Applicant must be a graduate from a Japanese university or have academic ability equal or superior to that of a Japanese university graduate. A person will be deemed to have academic ability equal or superior to that of a university graduate, if he/she:
- has completed or will complete a 16-year school curriculum in a foreign country (or an 18-year school curriculum if he/she desires to enroll in a doctoral course in the field of medicine, dentistry or veterinary science, or pharmacy which is founded on a 6-year department or faculty); or
- is or will be aged 22 or older and has taken an individual entrance qualification examination and has been judged by a graduate school as being equal or superior in academic ability to a university graduate (or 24 or older if he/she desires to enroll in a doctoral course in the field of medicine, dentistry or veterinary science, or pharmacy which is founded on a 6-year department or faculty).
Note: Eligible applicants include those who otherwise satisfy or will satisfy qualification requirements for admission to a Japanese graduate school.
Major Field of Study: Applicant should apply for the field of study he/she studied at the previous university or any related field. Applicant must choose a field on which he/she can receive education and perform research at the university of his/her choice.
If the Applicant was a grantee of a Japanese Government Scholarship in the past he/she will not be eligible for the scholarship. Unless he/she has had at least three years of research or teaching experience between the completion of the first scholarship and the start of the second scholarship period. This exclusion will not apply to a research-student applicant, who (i) as an international student in Japan received training in Japanese studies at a university but graduated from his/her home university, who (ii) was an international student in Japan under the Japan-Korea Joint Government Scholarship Program for the Students in Science and Engineering Departments or who (ⅲ) was an international student in Japan under the Young Leaders Program.
(Allowance: Under the fiscal 2012 budget, each grantee will be provided monthly with 143,000 yen (Research Student course), 144,000 yen (students enrolled in a Master’s program or a professional degree program), or 145,000 yen (students enrolled in a doctoral program) (an additional monthly stipend of 2,000 or 3,000 yen may be provided to those undertaking study or research in specially designated regions).
The other scholarship benefits can be found in the guidelines.
Each applicant must submit one set of the following documents to the Japanese diplomatic mission by the specified date.
(1) Application (a prescribed form) ･････････････････････････ 1
(2) Application Form (Attachment) (a prescribed form)････････････････ 1
(3) Study Program (Attachment) ････････････････････ 1
(4) Photograph (4.5×3.5 cm, taken within the past six months, upper body, full-faced, uncapped.
Write your name and nationality on the reverse and paste it onto the application
forms. Digital photographs also acceptable) ･･････2
(5) Academic transcript of the last university attended (attested) ･････････････････････ 1
(6) Graduation certificate or degree certificate of the last university attended (or an attested
document certifying that the applicant will graduate from the school, where applicable) ･････1
(7) Abstract of last thesis ･････････････････････ 1
Note 1: These documents must be written in either Japanese or English. A document written in any other language must be attached with a Japanese or English translation.
Note 2: Photographs attached to the original application must be originals; copies are not acceptable.
Note 3: Field of specialization and research program documents should clearly describe the applicant’s own research program because it will serve as important materials for placement of the applicant at a university.
Note 4: The academic transcripts of the last university attended should be prepared to show the grade scale applied and the grades earned by the applicant on all the subjects studied for each year studied at a university department/faculty and a graduate school. (A degree certificate or a graduation certificate simply showing the ranking of the applicant at graduation will not substitute for academic transcripts.)
Note 5: The graduation certificate and the degree certificate obtained from the last university attended may be substituted for by a photocopy thereof provided that the copy is attested by the authorized person of the university.
Note 6: For abstracts of the thesis, abstracts of the graduation thesis and presented papers will suffice. Please note that these abstracts will be used as basic data for evaluation of the applicant’s academic ability.
All the attachment can be found by visiting the official page. Before application kindly read the Guidelines (MEXT Scholarship) carefully.
More detailed information on this scholarship program is available at the Japanese diplomatic mission in your country.
The application submission deadlines and process of selection may differ from country to country. Please check from the Embassy of Japan in your home country.
All the best! Share your success story with us.http://www.youthop.com/scholarships/japanese-government-mext-scholarship-program-2017http://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Japanese-Government-MEXT-Scholarship-Program-2017.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Japanese-Government-MEXT-Scholarship-Program-2017-150x150.jpgScholarships
MEXT (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology) offers scholarships to international students who wish to study at Japanese universities as research students under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program for 2017 as stipulated below. Fields of Study: Fields of study must be subjects which applicants will be able to...[email protected]AdministratorYouth Opportunities