Full Scholarships for International Students in Taiwan
Deadline: March 16, 2015 | Views: 1,034
Type: Fully Funded
The Taiwan International Cooperation and Development Fund (TaiwanICDF) offers the Higher Education Scholarship Program to international students at Undergraduate, Masters and PhD levels.
International education and training has long been one of the TaiwanICDF’s core operations, among many others. Human resources development programs play a vital role in assisting partner countries achieve sustainable development, and education is a crucial mechanism for training workforces in developing countries.
The TaiwanICDF provides scholarships for higher education and has developed undergraduate, graduate and Ph.D. programs in cooperation with renowned partner universities in Taiwan.
Applicants must meet both the general eligibility criteria and be a national of a country eligible for TaiwanICDF Scholarship. Applicants must also meet the Regulations Governing Visiting, Resident, and Permanent Residency of Aliens set by ROC(Taiwan) National Immigration Agency.
Specifically, an applicant;
- Be a citizen of a country on the “List of Countries Eligible for TaiwanICDFScholarship” , and satisfy any specific criteria established by his or her country and/or government of citizenship.
- Neither be a national of the Republic of China (Taiwan) nor an overseas compatriot student.
- Satisfy the admission requirements of the partner university to which he or she has applied to study under a TaiwanICDF scholarship.
- Be able to satisfy all requirements for a Resident Visa (Code: FS) set by the Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) set by the Ministry of the Interior, of the ROC (Taiwan) government (this means that the TaiwanICDF has the right to revoke ascholarship offered if an applicant cannot satisfy the visa requirements).
- Upon accepting a TaiwanICDF scholarship, not hold any other ROC(Taiwan) government-sponsored scholarship (such as the TaiwanScholarship) in the same academic year in which the TaiwanICDF scholarship would be due to commence.
- Not be applying for a further TaiwanICDF scholarship in unbroken succession — applicants who have already held a TaiwanICDF scholarship must have returned to their home country for more than one year before re-applying (note: to apply for a 2015 scholarship, an applicant must have graduated and returned to his or her home country before July 31, 2014).
- Have never had any scholarship revoked by any ROC (Taiwan) government agency or related institution, nor been expelled from any Taiwanese university.
Citizens of several eligible countries of the Asia Pacific, West Asia, AFRICA (Burkina Faso, Republic of Côte d’Ivoire, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, South Africa, Swaziland), Caribbean, Central America, South America, and Europe.
Fields of study:
Undergraduate, Masters and Doctoral level courses in the various fields of Science and Technology, Engineering, Public Health and Medicine (including Nursing, Laboratory science, Healthcare administration, etc), Sustainable Agriculture Development, Humanities & Social Science, and Private Sector Development.
The award period varies for different study program as follow:
- Undergraduate program: maximum 4 years.
- Master program: maximum 2 years.
- Doctor Program: maximum 4 years.
The TaiwanICDF provides each scholarship recipient with a full scholarship, including return airfare, housing, tuition and credit fees, insurance, textbook costs and a monthly allowance.
Specifically, the values are as follows:
- Undergraduate Programs: Each student receives NT$12,000 per month (NT$144,000 per year) as an allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses.
- Master’s Programs: Each student receives NT$15,000 per month (NT$180,000 per year) as an allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses.
- PhD Programs: Each students receives NT$17,000 per month (NT$204,000 per year) as an allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses.
Method of Application:
Applicants must complete an online application. Please go to the online application system to fill in your application. Then submit a signed, printed copy along with all other application documents to the ROC (Taiwan) Embassy/ Consulate (General)/ Representative Office/ Taiwan Technical Mission or project representative in their country.
Please note that each applicant can only apply for one program at a time. The applicant also needs to submit a separate program application to his/her chosen universities.
It is important to visit the official website for complete details, including carefully reading through the “Regulations (International Higher Education Scholarship Program Guidebook)”, and also to access the online application system in order to apply to this program award.http://www.youthop.com/scholarships/full-scholarship-for-international-students-in-taiwanhttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/taiwan.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/taiwan-300x300.jpgScholarshipsInternational Students,PhD,Postgrad,Scholarships,Undergrad