Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (FIPRS)
Deadline: August 15, 2014 | Views: 59
Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (FIPRS) are awarded to international students on the basis of academic merit, academic research training and research indicators and performance. The scholarships enable suitably qualified applicants to commence a full-time research higher degree. The scholarship is tenable for up to three years for a Research Doctorate degree and up to two years for a Research Masters degree. Successful applicants are required to undertake full time study. Applicants for the FIPRS will be automatically considered for the International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS).
Benefits: The FIPRS pays the international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a research higher degree. In addition, Flinders University provides the recipient with a generous living allowance paid at the rate of $25,392 per annum. It is tax exempt and indexed annually. An FIPRS student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
- Applicants must be a citizen of any overseas country, except New Zealand, and, satisfy the University’s academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- Applicants must meet the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students. Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence.
- Applicants must not hold an equivalent research higher degree qualification. Applications are normally only open to students commencing a research higher degree in Australia for the first time.
- Applicants must not not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship.
- Please see the attached conditions of award for full eligibility criteria.
All applicants are required to read the application guidelines provided below before submitting an application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any questions about the application process should be directed to the Flinders University International Office via email at [email protected] Applications are accepted electronically by email, and scanned applications can be sent to [email protected] If you send an electronic application by email and you are successful, you will be required to provide all of your original or certified documents to the International Office before your scholarship will commenced. If you wish to post your application, please post two full copies to: The International Office Flinders University GPO Box 2100 Adelaide SA 5001
- Download the conditions of award for this scholarship scheme. This document is provided as an Adobe Acrobat portable document format (pdf) file. You will need to install the Adobe Acrobat reader on your computer to view pdf files. The Adobe Acrobat Reader is available free of charge from Adobe’s website. Adobe provides tools for converting pdf files to HTML and ASCII text for users with vision impairments at its access.adobe.com website. If you require this document in other formats (plain text, ASCII), please contact the Student Finance Services.
- Download the application form for this scholarship scheme.
- Download Application Guidelines
- Download Publication Forms
- Download Referee Report
- Download Ranking Guidelines
Scholarship Type: research, education/humanities/law, health sciences, science and engineering, social and behavioural, academic merit, commencing, international students.http://www.youthop.com/scholarships/flinders-international-postgraduate-research-scholarship-fiprshttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Flinders-International-Postgraduate-Research-Scholarship-FIPRS.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Flinders-International-Postgraduate-Research-Scholarship-FIPRS-300x300.jpgScholarships