DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship 2015 in Germany
Deadline: January 31, 2015 | Views: 66
Type: Fully Funded.
Applications are invited for DAAD undergraduate scholarship available for full-time students who are enrolled in an undergraduate degree-granting program at an accredited North American college or university. Scholarships will be awarded for currently second and third year students and will be in their third and fourth year during their stay in Germany. Scholarships may be granted for a minimum of four (one semester) and a maximum of 10 months (one academic year).
What does it cover?
Recipients will be awarded a monthly stipend of approximately € 650, plus additional funds to help defray travel and research expenses as well as health insurance.
Each year, an independent selection committee of academics and international education experts is assembled to select the Undergraduate Scholarship grantees. This committee is looking for students who:
- are currently second and third year students and will be in their third and fourth year during their stay in Germany.
- are seeking DAAD support for a 4-10 month period in Germany during the German academic year.
- possess outstanding academic records and personal integrity, as evinced by both their grades and letters of recommendation.
- have well-defined study, research or internship plans for their stay in Germany.
- submit the DAAD language evaluation form with their application, although German language competency is not mandatory.
- demonstrate an interest in contemporary German and European affairs and who explain the significance of their project in Germany to their future studies, research or professional goals.
- are enrolled, full-time students in an undergraduate degree-granting program at an accredited North American college or university.
- will return to the US or Canada after the scholarship period to complete their bachelor’s degree.