DAAD Master Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance in Germany
Deadline: July 31, 2016 | Views: 20,854
DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) is funding master scholarships in Public Policy and Good Governance at German institution in Germany. Students of Africa, Latin America, South Asia, Southeast Asia as well as from countries in the Middle East can apply for these scholarships.
This programme is designed to further qualify future leaders in politics, law, economics and administration according to the principles of Good Governance and to prepare them in a praxis-oriented course for their professional life.
The DAAD supports over 100,000 German and international students und researchers around the globe each year – making it the world’s largest funding organisation of its kind.
DAAD pays a monthly scholarship rate of currently 750 €. The scholarship also includes contributions to health insurance in Germany. In addition, DAAD grants an appropriate travel allowance as well as a study and research subsidy and in applicable cases rent subsidies and / or family allowances. DAAD-scholarship holders are exempt from tuition fees.
Very well qualified graduates with a first university degree (Bachelor or equivalent) who in the future want to actively contribute to the social and economic development of their home countries. The scholarships are offered both for young graduates without professional experience and for mid-career professionals. The scholarship scheme is open to candidates from Africa, Latin America, South Asia, Southeast Asia as well as from countries in the Middle East.
Please submit application for the Master courses and for the DAAD scholarship solely to the Master courses they have selected at the respective university. Please check the deadlines on the homepages of the elected Master courses. They are allowed to submit their application to up to three Master courses listed below.
- Motivation Letter containing a precise description of the applicant’s academic / professional and personal reasons for wishing to participate in the programme;
- Full Curriculum Vitae (CV) including information about precise field of study and, if applicable, description of job experience;
- Copies of all certificates;
- Recent language Certificates;
- Two letters of recommendation by university professors and/or current or former employer.
List of Eligible Countries:
- Africa: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso,daad_logo Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo-Brazzaville, Congo-Kinshasa, Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, São Tomé and Príncipe, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe;
- Latin America: Argentina, Belize, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Uruguay, Venezuela,
- South Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka),
- Southeast Asia: Brunei, Cambodia East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam;
- Middle East: Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen can apply for this DAAD International scholarship.