Cargill Global Scholars Program 2015
Deadline: March 1, 2015 | Views: 38
Location: Brazil, China, India, Russia and USA.
Applications are invited for Cargill Global Scholars Program available to talented, high performing university students who demonstrate exemplary academic achievement and leadership potential. The scholarship will be awarded to study in a field relevant to Cargill’s world of food, agriculture and risk management. The Cargill Global Scholars Program includes the following countries: Brazil, China, India, Russia and the United States. Scholarship is offered for up to three years.
Scholarships are awarded in a field relevant to Cargill’s world of food, agriculture and risk management.
Applicants to the Cargill Global Scholars program must:
- Be a citizen or permanent legal resident of Brazil, China, India, Russia or the United States.
- Attend a partner university in the country of citizenship or permanent legal residency
- Be a first or second year university student
- Demonstrate high academic performance
- Demonstrate leadership potential
Brazil: Ten scholarships will be offered beginning in the 2nd half of 2015.
China: Sixteen scholarships will be awarded in the 2014-2015 academic year.
Russia: Ten Russian students will be selected to receive the scholarship.
USA: Ten scholarships will be awarded in the 2014-2015 academic year.
Each Cargill Global Scholar will:
- Receive an annual scholarship award for up to three years, to help off-set any academic related expenses.
- Participate in a fully-funded three day leadership seminar during the first year of the program designed to enhance the scholars’ leadership skills ensuring that each participant’s full potential to effect change is reached at the culmination of the program.
Have the opportunity to become one of five students from each country cohort to participate in a fully funded Global Leadership Program to be held at one of Cargill’s global locations. This activity will bring the top performing Cargill Global Scholars from around the world for a week-long seminar that will involve a series of experiential learning enrichment activities coupled with networking opportunities with Cargill executives.
- Be paired with a Cargill leader who will serve as a mentor over the duration of the program. The Cargill mentors will help the scholars identify short and long term academic and professional goals and will assist in reaching these goals through work shadowing and networking, face-to-face meetings and regular email and phone communication.
- Become a member of the Cargill Global Scholars alumni community.
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Specialize in fields of study that are identified as preferred fields (see each country’s guidelines)
- Are from a disadvantaged or underrepresented group within their country