Applications are now open for 2017-2018 Chevening Scholarships
Deadline: November 8, 2016 | Views: 25,205
Location: United Kingdom.
Type: Full Scholarship.
The Chevening Secretariat is accepting applications for 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships and some Chevening Fellowships. Chevening offers a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK. Opportunity to become part of an influential global network of 46,000 alumni.
The programme provides full or part funding for full-time courses at postgraduate level, normally a one-year Master’s degree at any UK University.
A full Chevening Scholarship normally comprises:
- Payment of tuition fees (see point 1.2.a in relation to MBA fee caps);
- Economy travel to and from your country of residence by an approved route for you only;
- An arrival allowance;
- The cost of an entry clearance (visa) application for you only;
- A departure allowance;
- A contribution of up to £75 for TB testing, where this is required;
- A travel top up allowance;
- A monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses. The monthly stipend will depend on whether you are studying inside or outside London.
To be eligible for a Chevening Award applicants must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country;
- Return to their country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after their award has ended;
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK;
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programmes, please refer to your country page for further details);
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 13 July 2017;
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 13 July 2017.
Applicants must have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
English Language Requirements:
Chevening accepts English language tests from five providers:
- Academic IELTS;
- Pearson PTE Academic;
- TOEFL iBT;
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CEA);
- Trinity ISE II (B2).