American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship 2015 in USA
Deadline: December 15, 2014 | Views: 43
The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship is targeted to high-achieving international students who wish to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree in the US and who are dedicated to positive civic and social change. It is intended for students who will be to returning home to improve under-resourced, underserved communities in his/her home country.
The scholarships are targeted to international secondary school students from any country. U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents or dual citizens of the U.S. and another country, are not eligible to apply. Preference will be given to international students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and under-represented global and socio-economic backgrounds.
The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room and board) for one international student who will need a visa (preferably an F-1 or J-1 student visa) to study in the United States. The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets and miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S. $4,000).
It is renewable for a total of four years of undergraduate study, based on continued satisfactory academic performance.
To be considered for the scholarship, candidates must be secondary school students applying as first-year (freshman) students at American University for the August 2015 semester. Candidates must be from any another country other than the US and must need a visa to study in the United States (preference will be for those who need an F-1 or J-1 student visa).
Preference will be given to:
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- A minimum 95 TOEFL iBT, 7.0 IELTS or 600 paper-based TOEFL
- To apply to the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship you must complete the scholarship application and submit required supporting documents by 15 December 2014.
- It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the applications form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.