United Nations Environment Program is Hiring UN Volunteers
Deadline: February 29, 2016 | Views: 1,204
Location: UNEP Headquarter at Nairobi, Kenya.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the voice for the environment within the UN system. They set the global environmental agenda, raise priorities for addressing environmental challenges amongst governments and the public, and provide a solid evidence base to inform sound policy and practice.
In 2016 UNEP’s communication division will engage 10-20 United Nations Volunteers to help fulfill its mission. They are looking for smart, dynamic, creative and motivated individuals to join UNEP at their global headquarters in Nairobi in the following roles:
- Harvest, research and write stories, features, op-eds and other editorial content about UNEP’s work
- Rewrite and repackage programmatic content for digital dissemination to a broad-ranging audience
- Write copy for a full range of corporate and programme communication collaterals
Infographics Designer/Data Visualizer
- Produce innovative and engaging data visuals that bring UNEP’s science to life
- Harvest data and transform UNEP’s research into compelling infographics destined for a broad-ranging audience
- Develop new ways to bring cutting-edge science and research to the general public through great design
Client Service Account Manager
- Act as account manager for assigned clients within UNEP
- Facilitate project planning, development and implementation through the communication division’s strategic sections
- Support project documentation, monitoring, reporting and assessment
- Join UNEP’s fast-paced media team, liaising with our teams and journalists around the world
- Draft press releases, op-eds and speeches about UNEP’s work
- Support a broad range of media and communication activities delivered by the media team
Hybrid Media Specialist
- Develop and deliver a strategy for expanded use of digital and new media platforms and channels
- Identify and forge partnerships with hybrid and new media outlets
- Reach out to top environmental outlets, environmental bloggers and opinion leaders to expand UNEP’s storytelling
- Organize high-profile events that raise awareness of UNEP’s work, including its annual Champion of the Earth awards
- Coordinate day-to-day event production with clients, suppliers and partners
- Develop and maintain UNEP’s website
- Contribute to the innovative and interactive design of UNEP’s web pages.
- Be a proactive go-getter with loads of initiative and an adventurous spirit
- Be deeply committed to environmental issues
- Have a passion for storytelling and connecting with audiences
- Related Master’s degree is preferred; relevant work experience and porfolio
- An ability to work under pressure in a performance-driven environment;
- Fluent spoken and written English; Knowledge of other UN languages an asset.
- A university degree (either BA/BSc)
- At least three years of professional experience
- At least age 25 (no maximum age limit)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to adjust to difficult living conditions
- National UNV volunteer assignments usually range from 6 to 24 months
- Strong commitment to values and principles of volunteerism
- Good working knowledge in at least one of the three working UN languages: English, French and Spanish.
Conditions of Service:
United Nations Volunteers (UNV) will be engaged on a 12-month contract that may be renewable depending on performance and available resources. Please visit www.UNV.org for details and terms of contract.
Register and create a profile on the UNV website and email your CV or copy of your application form to [email protected], with the UNV assignment title in the subject line. In your email to UNEP, please indicate your earliest availability to start in Nairobi, Kenya.
Photo Source: UNEP
Location: UNEP Headquarter at Nairobi, Kenya.The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the voice for the environment within the UN system. They set the global environmental agenda, raise priorities for addressing environmental challenges amongst governments and the public, and provide a solid evidence base to inform sound policy and practice. In...[email protected]AdministratorYouth Opportunities