Save the Children is Seeking Applications for Educational Technical Adviser
Deadline: April 11, 2016 | Views: 1,021
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. They work in 120 countries. They save children’s lives; They fight for their rights; They help them fulfil their potential.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Education Technical Advisor is a critical position for Save the Children in Lebanon and will play the lead role in ensuring the design, implementation and monitoring of high quality education programmes for thousands of children across the country.
The Education Technical Advisor provides technical leadership to all the work in the education sector, with responsibility for developing clear strategic and operational plans, identifying fundraising needs and leading the development of technical proposals, forging strong partnerships with Government, UN, NGO and local civil society counterparts, as well as providing technical support to our education teams across four different field locations in Lebanon.
- Master’s degree in education, development or other relevant social science degree.
- A minimum of 5 years in a technical leadership role in education for an NGO, UN agency or other development or humanitarian organisation.
- Proven experience leading education in emergencies (EiE) programming and in participating in emergency coordination forums (education cluster, education working groups etc)
- Proven experience raising funds and developing proposals for education programmes in excess of $1million.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches.
- Previous management experience in an NGO or other humanitarian environment, including experience directing and implementing programs for children in both emergency and development contexts.
- Familiarity with key international standards for humanitarian work and education in emergencies (e.g. INEE, SPHERE, HAP principles, etc.).
- Excellent understanding of the Monitoring and Evaluation processes and methodologies.
- Proven representation and advocacy skills.
- Strong report writing skills, including experience in writing funding proposals and donor reports.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Knowledge of key areas of programme operations, logistics and grant management relevant to delivering quality education programming.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic.
- Technical knowledge and experience in community based education programming.
- Previous work experience in Lebanon or other areas in the Middle East.
- Previous work experience in response to the Syrian crisis.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. Visit the official page and click on the APPLY NOW button to apply.http://www.youthop.com/others/save-the-children-is-seeking-applications-for-educational-technical-adviserhttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Educational-Technical-Adviser-at-Save-the-Children.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Educational-Technical-Adviser-at-Save-the-Children-150x150.jpgOthersChildren,Children Rights,Job,Save the children