Call for Applications: GLOBSEC Young Leaders’ Forum 2016 in Slovakia
Deadline: February 7, 2016 | Views: 170
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia.
Date: April 15 – 17, 2016.
The GLOBSEC Young Leaders’ Forum is a prestigious gathering of young professionals and future decision-makers, it is the only annual and established forum in Central Europe that connects transatlantic leaders of tomorrow. Young leaders with their fresh innovative ideas create a dialogue on current transatlantic and EU issues and build long-lasting networks. The GYLF will engage its members through a unique platform:
- Private dialogue and best practices sharing via a Facebook Group;
- Content preparation in GYLF working groups (recommendations for main panel discussions) prior to face-to-face interaction with leaders at the Forum;
- Participation in the GLOBSEC Young Leaders’ Forum 2016;
- Establishing professional contacts with peers and senior stakeholders.
- Between 25 and 35 years of age;
- NATO or PfP country citizenship, Mediterranean Dialogue, or partner (Australia, Japan) citizenship;
- Past experience relating to: security or defence policy; current security issues (ISIL, Ukraine, Russia, migration) adaptation of NATO to the security environment of 21st century, democratic transitions especially towards EaP countries and Western Balkans; international law; international energy policy; journalism; political and economic development of the European Union; cyber security; or any other fields of relevance to the transatlantic partnership;
- Working knowledge of English;
- Willingness to engage in regular online activity over an extended period of time;
- Willingness to write at least one topical article or blog, where GYLF is mentioned before, during or 14 days after the forum;
- Interest in long-term engagement with peers on issues pertaining to transatlantic relations;
- The selection of the 75 participants will be based on responses to essay questions regarding motivation and professional and/or educational and/or volunteering background of applicants.
- Accommodation and board subsidies will be available to help offset the participation cost;
- Travel grants may be available on individual basis and only to selected participants up to the price decided by organizers.
In order to apply, register online HERE and submit following materials:
- Current CV, including nationality and age;
- Suggestion for the topic for discussion during the GYLF sessions, including its title, short synopsis and three questions for discussion;
- Short motivation letter (200 – 250 words).