UNESCO is Accepting Application for Internship Positions
Deadline: June 25, 2016 | Views: 9,987
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is accepting applications for two internship positions for the second half of 2016. The project gears towards preservation and dissemination of culture, heritage and history of Chagga people, who inhabit an area within a major UNESCO World Heritage site Mount Kilimanjaro; and Maasai living in Ngorongoro, also a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Each fieldwork site Kilimanjaro and Ngorongoro Conservation Area will be researched by two cultural anthropologists. The teams will consist of an international graduate student and a Tanzanian national graduate student. The project is carried out in cooperation with the Department of Sociology of the University of Dar es Salaam.
• Documentation of Chagga intangible heritage and cultural elements
• Documentation of Maasai intangible heritage and cultural elements
- Successful applicant has a background in cultural anthropology holding BA or MA degree.
- She/he has an experience with fieldwork preferably in the context of a global South country.
- She/he is experienced in translating field data into quality reports, and has excellent interpersonal skills.
The team will be responsible for conducting interviews among the community members, data collection, interpretation, analysis.
- Proficiency in English, knowledge of Swahili is an asset
Interns do not receive financial remuneration, however, UNESCO offers a lump sum of 500 USD per researcher to facilitate transport within the locality. The researcher upon the successful delivery and evaluation of the final report receives UNESCO internship certificate.
Procedure Send your CV and cover letter with preferred fieldwork site and reasons for your choice to [email protected] with the SUBJECT: Internshiphttp://www.youthop.com/internships/unesco-is-accepting-application-for-internship-positionshttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/UNESCO-is-Accepting-Application-for-Internship-Positions.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/UNESCO-is-Accepting-Application-for-Internship-Positions-150x150.jpgInternships