Summer Leadership Internship 2015 in Bangladesh
Deadline: May 30, 2015 | Views: 139
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Bangladesh Youth Leadership Center (BYLC) is looking for energetic, hard-working, and highly motivated individuals for the position of our Summer Leadership Intern. If you are passionate about leadership, innovation, and mentorship, then this position is for you.
- Assist in the communication and marketing activities of BYLC through its social media, blog, and other online platforms
- Take part in a brand consolidation exercise to streamline all of BYLC’s communications with its stakeholders to adequately reflect key vision and purpose
- Design and implement various learning events through the Leadership Laboratory, BYLC’s new continuous learning platform for its graduates
- Lead strategic projects such as the creation of a resume database and launch of a virtual career fair
- Mentor highly motivated young Bangladeshi students with respect to career development or guidance on implementing various for-profit or non-profit initiatives
- Leveraging technology to scale leadership training and development activities
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program in a reputed university
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Should be flexible and must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Political and intercultural sensitivity
- Interest in youth education and leadership and/or internationally focused non-profits
- Applicants must be self-motivated and able to work in a “start-up” environment
The Intern will spend the eight weeks (two months) in Dhaka, Bangladesh. This is a non-paid internship. Applicants are expected to arrange financial support or grants to cover the cost of airfare, accommodation, and living expenses. The total estimated cost for the 8-week internship (including airfare) is $4,000-$5,000 (for international students).
The successful candidate can also expect to:
- Gain direct exposure to the standard operating procedures, working practices, and management of an international NGO.
- We are not only committed to the development of our program participants, but also to the development of our staff. We periodically arrange for leadership training master classes for our internal staff in order to increase individual leadership capacities.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Tasfia Zaman at [email protected] by May 30, 2015. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a Skype interview or an in-person interview.
BYLC is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.