Data Scientist – Analytic Internship at Facebook
Deadline: October 31, 2014 | Views: 35
No deadline. Location: USA.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Are you passionate about Facebook’s product, analytics and technology? The Analytics team is looking for fast-moving analytics candidates and data junkies who want to make an impact. Candidates will help own analytics for a particular product or business at Facebook and work with product managers and engineers to translate the analysis into meaningful impact to the business. Please note that candidates will have a general interview and then we will make a determination of actual team assignments.
- Mine massive amounts and perform large-scale data analysis to extract useful business insights
- Design and implement reporting dashboards that track key business metrics and provide actionable insights
- Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating results to cross functional groups
- Work closely with a Product Manager and Engineering team to proactively create rule and manage decisions
- Backend software engineering to build scalable solutions and help automate data processing challenges
- Prioritize leads so that the teams work on the most valuable cases
- Suggest improvements in the tools and techniques to help scale the team
- Must be available for a 12-week internship (co-op students 14-week internship) between August 2014 and January 2015
- Pursuing a BS, MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, or related technical field from a leading academic institution
- 2+ years of experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches (or equivalent)
- Fluency in SQL or other programming languages (Python, Java, and/or C++)
- Some development experience in at least once scripting language (PHP, Perl, Python, etc.)
- A passion for problem-solving, comfort with ambiguity, and creativity
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis, experience with packages such as R, MATLAB, Excel, etc. preferred
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and drive change, and collaborate effectively with a variety of individuals and organization
- Active Facebook user