Commonwealth Youth Council Committee on Special Interest Groups
Deadline: October 15, 2014 | Views: 25
Location: Asia, Africa and Europe, Caribbean and Pacific regions.
Age limit: 15 to 29.
Commonwealth Youth Council (CYC) is the largest and most diverse youth-led organization in the world. It is the recognized voice of more than 1.2 billion young people in the commonwealth. CYC was established by an endowsment of Heads of Governments in the commonwealth in line with the Commonwealth Charter. It is an exciting inclusive initiative that seeks to communicate, engage and advocate for youth led participation. The CYC is an independent entity responsible for youth representation in the Commonwealth.
The structure of the Committee:
- Head of the Committee – The Representative for Special Interest Group , Commonwealth Youth Council
- Focal Point for Asian region
- Focal point for Africa and Europe regions
- Focal point for Caribbean region
- Focal point for Pacific region
- Representative for Physically Challenged Young People
- Representative for LGBT communities
- Representative for Young People in Key Affected Areas
- Representative for Indigenous Youth
Interested candidates please fill the form below.
- Focal Points for Asia, Africa and Europe, Caribbean and Pacific regions will represent each region of the Commonwealth on behalf of marginalized and socially excluded youth to the CYC.
- Number of Positions – 4 (Asia, Africa and EU, Caribbean, Pacific)
- Working Language – English
- Type of the assignment – Voluntary
- Working Period – 12 months