Call for Applications: World YWCA Internship Programme 2017 in Geneva
Deadline: September 30, 2016 | Views: 8,291
Location: Geneva, Switzerland.
Type: Fully Funded.
Every year, the World YWCA offers two or more one-year internships and two short-term internships for young women from the movement who are passionate about women’s rights and global change. The application period for the World YWCA Internship Programme 2017 is now open.
The one-year internship programme provides a unique opportunity for two young women from the movement to work as part of the World YWCA staff and volunteer team in Geneva. The internship will provide opportunities to develop skills in advocacy, through communications, programmes and movement building on the priority themes of violence against women, sexual and reproductive health and rights and HIV, and young women’s leadership.
The two selected one year internship candidates will benefit from:
- Training opportunities in leadership, communication platforms, programme development and advocacy work;
- Exposure to the work of international NGOs and UN agencies including representing the World YWCA at UN and international NGO meetings;
- Communications projects such as Monthly E-bulletin, World YWCA website, She Speaks blog, social media and on line campaigns;
Developing skills in good governance, project development, team building, administration, finance and event planning;
- Opportunities to learn about the work of other national associations through international training and advocacy events.
Cost: Travel, accommodation, allowances, stipend and insurance is provided in the internship.
- The ability to be flexible, independent and creative with a desire to learn and a willingness to take initiative and to manage multiple priorities simultaneously;
- Generally applicants should have a minimum of two years active involvement with their YWCA;
- Successful candidates must commit to sharing the experience gained with their YWCA and region following the internship, and their association must commit to integrating their leadership into the association upon their return;
- A strong commitment and passion in achieving women’s rights and leadership;
- A good working knowledge of English, both oral and written, is essential. Knowledge of French and/or Spanish is appreciated;
- Information Communication and technology competencies related skills;
- Programme development and implementation knowledge and experience;
- Applicants must be between 22 and 30 years of age;
- A willingness to be independent, hardworking, flexible, creative and take initiative;
- Previous experience and/or knowledge in advocacy and/or activism on women’s rights;
- Applicants must be from an eligible Official Development Assistance country – this is due to the requirements of the funding partner. The list of eligible countries is in the terms of reference for the internship;
- A commitment to sharing the experience gained with their YWCA following the internship, and their association must commit to integrating their leadership/experience into the association upon the return home;
- Each candidate’s participation must be endorsed by her Member YWCA.
- The one-year internship begins 1 February 2017 and ends 15 December 2017. The deadline for receiving applications is September 30, 2016. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- Applicants and their member associations will be informed in early October 2016 if they have been successful.
Contact [email protected] for any quires.http://www.youthop.com/internships/call-for-applications-world-ywca-internship-programme-2017-in-genevahttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/World-YWCA-Internship-Programme-2017-in-Geneva.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/World-YWCA-Internship-Programme-2017-in-Geneva-150x150.jpgInternships