Apply for Summer Field Internship at GlobalGiving
Deadline: March 13, 2015 | Views: 49
Type: Partially Funded
GlobalGiving is looking for a team of two passionate, motivated, and enthusiastic individuals to travel throughout Australia, China, or Nepal in the summer of 2015 (mid-May through mid-August).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- visit development projects and offer training and support to existing partners;
- evaluate the work of partner organizations and report back to donors and GlobalGiving;
- conduct outreach and run workshops for organizations interested in GlobalGiving;
- support current GlobalGiving partners through meet-ups and workshops;
- and establish new and beneficial partnerships for GlobalGiving in the field.
As a field intern in Australia, China, or Nepal, you and your teammate will spend 8-10 weeks in the country meeting with local change makers who are protecting endangered species in a unique ecosystem, helping to cure heart disease for children living in rural areas, protecting girls from being sold into slavery, and more! You will act as representatives of GlobalGiving, conducting thorough site visits of GlobalGiving’s partner organizations, ranging in size, capacity, and focus. You will work closely with local organizations to identify potential for improvement in areas such as fundraising.
- Job and/or internship experience in international development, non-profit management, or marketing
- Self-starters who have demonstrated the ability to work independently and in collaboration with other team members
- Cross-cultural understanding, responsiveness, and flexibility to changing circumstances (because things are bound to go differently than expected in the field!)
- Travel experience and knowledge of the region is strongly preferred
- Up-beat attitude and a good sense of humor
- Relevant language skills are a plus
Selected interns will participate in mandatory 3-week training in May and June at GlobalGiving’s office in Washington, DC, where you will learn how to: conduct site visits and evaluations; analyze partners’ online fundraising and areas of improvement; recognize potential for collaboration; and more. You will work closely with GlobalGiving’s DC staff in preparation for your trip, planning site visits, workshops, travel, and accommodations, while gaining skills in organization and cross-cultural understanding.
Upon returning to the U.S., you will present your findings and experience to the GlobalGiving staff.
GlobalGiving will provide a modest stipend for airfare ($700), travel medical insurance ($200), workshop & communication costs ($1,000), and a monthly stipend ($200).