Commonwealth Foundation Grants 2015 for Civil Society Organizations
Deadline: January 29, 2015 | Views: 36
- Open to civil society organizations (CSOs)
- Up to £30,000 per year
- Multi-year funding available (up to three years)
- Delivered in Commonwealth Foundation eligible member countries
The Commonwealth Foundation awards funding for sustainable development projects that contribute to effective, responsive and accountable governance with civil society participation.
The Foundation grants are open to civil society organizations located in an eligible Commonwealth member country. Organizations can request up to £30,000 per year and multi-year funding is also available.
The Commonwealth Foundation’s mission is to develop the capacity of Civil Society to act together and learn from each other to engage with the institutions that shape people’s lives, as we work towards a more effective, responsive and accountable governance with Civil Society participation.
The Commonwealth Foundation awards grants for projects that contribute to effective, responsive and accountable governance with civil society participation.
Areas of focus:
- Grant projects must focus on one or more of the following:
- Strengthening the ability of CSOs to use creative expression for participatory governance
- Enhancing the capacity of CSOs, networks and alliances to engage in participatory governance
- Facilitating interaction and constructive engagement in governance
- Building a culture of learning and knowledge sharing
- Cross-cutting themes
Grant projects should integrate one or more of the following cross-cutting themes in their design:
- Gender equality
- Environmental sustainability
- Cultural respect and understanding