Apply for a Grant: Road Safety Grants Programme 2016
Deadline: February 9, 2016 | Views: 310
The Global Road Safety Partnership is currently calling for Proposals for Round 9 of its Road Safety Grants Programme. The Programme supports projects to develop and deliver high-impact, evidence-based road safety interventions designed to strengthen road safety policies and their implementation.
The Programme objective is to support civil society and government organizations in selected low- and middle-income countries to advocate for policy change to address gaps in policies to protect road users. It also supports organizations to promote the successful implementation of evidence-based policies.
Funding available & Duration:
Proposals can be submitted for grants up to a maximum amount of 120,000 Swiss francs (CHF) for a short-term, one-year or two-year project.
Governmental and non-governmental organizations based in eligible countries and cities can apply for grants within the following parameters:
- Governmental organizations with relevant authority over road safety policy and/ or its implementation. Road police and military agencies are not eligible to apply.
- Non-governmental organizations (including but not limited to civil society organizations andeducational institutions) with relevant advocacy experience on policy reform/and or its implementation.
- Applicants must be registered legal entities capable of entering into contractual arrangements, receiving foreign funds, and assuming legal and financial obligations.
- Applicants cannot be recipients of financial support from alcohol, firearms, pornography, and tobacco industries.
The Road Safety Grants Programme does not fund individuals.
- If you are a current grantee organization, please discuss development of Concept Note with your technical advisor.
- Only applications written in English will be accepted.
- Priority will be given to applications focusing on policy change related to the following road safety behavioral risk factors: drinking and driving, helmet wearing, seat belt use, child restraint use and speeding.
Eligible Countries and Cities:
Philippines, Tanzania, Ghana (Accra), Ethiopia (Addis Ababa), Indonesia (Bandung), Thailand (Bangkok), Colombia (Bogota), Brazil (Fortaleza), Viet Nam (Ho Chi Minh City), India (Mumbai), Brazil (Sao Paolo) and China (Shanghai).
Applicants must register to apply for a grant through the website. The deadline for submission of completed applications is Tuesday, 9 February 2016 at 1300 hours, Central European Time. Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted. Your application must be 100% complete and you must click on the “Submit Application” button. If you do not receive a confirmation email from the system please contact us at [email protected]
For further information or inquires please contact [email protected]http://www.youthop.com/grants/apply-for-a-grant-road-safety-grants-programme-2016http://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Road-Safety-Grants-Programme-2016.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Road-Safety-Grants-Programme-2016-150x150.jpgGrants