Yale World Fellows Program 2015 for Mid-Career Emerging Global Leaders
Deadline: December 3, 2014 | Views: 26
Location: Yale University, USA.
Yale World Fellows is an international fellowship program at Yale University for mid-career emerging leaders who have distinguished themselves in their profession, discipline, or geographic region. Each year, between fifteen and twenty participants, known as World Fellows, reside at Yale for the fall academic term.
Yale World Fellows brings rising stars from across disciplines and borders for an intense and unpredictable mash-up of ideas, world views and experiences. Applications to the Yale World Fellows Program are accepted from across sectors and around the world. Each class of Fellows is a unique group, geographically balanced, and representative of a wide range of professions, talents, and perspectives.
During the four month program (from mid-August to mid-December), Yale World Fellows are fully immersed in the University community. They share their expertise and ideas in classes and seminars across Yale and New Haven. While most activities take place on campus and in the New Haven community, the program this year includes trips to New York City and Washington, DC and an off-site retreat.
The 2015 four-month residential Program will include:
- A cutting-edge global issues curriculum;
- Individualized skill-building; and
- Access to prominent thinkers and practitioners;
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be in the mid-career stage Fellows are at least five, and typically not more than twenty, years into their careers, with demonstrated work accomplishments, and a clear indication of future contributions and excellence. The average age of a World Fellow is 39, though there is no minimum or maximum age limit.
- be fluent in English An excellent command of the English language is essential.
- be a citizen of a country other than the United States While dual citizens are eligible, preference is given to candidates whose work is focused outside the US.]
- Fellows are mid-career thinkers and doers on a clear trajectory of success.
- They’re dynamic, creative practitioners who have already been recognized for their work and would benefit from time at Yale to explore critical global issues and cross-disciplinary studies, sharpen leadership skills and build relationships with other emerging leaders.
The Fellowship Programme:
The cornerstone of the Yale World Fellows Program is a 15-week global affairs colloquium taught by renowned faculty from across Yale’s undergraduate, graduate and Professional schools.
World Fellows are brought to Yale at a critical point in their careers. They have been recognized as leaders but are looking to have even greater professional impact
Up-Close Leadership Conversations:
In a series off-the-record conversations, Fellows hear the personal side of professional trajectories and have the opportunity to ask hard questions to some of the world’s most gifted practitioners.
Fellows can audit almost any of the 2,000+ courses offered at Yale University with the opportunity to develop or continue work on individual or collaborative research projects.
Selection criteria include:
- An established record of extraordinary achievement and integrity;
Commitment to engagement in crucial issues and to making a difference at the national or international level;
- Promise of a future career of leadership and notable impact;
- Special capacity for critical, creative, entrepreneurial, and strategic thinking;
- Likelihood to benefit from participation in the Program and to contribute to global understanding at Yale;
- Commitment to a rigorous program of activities, to full-time residence at Yale for the entire duration of the program, and to mentoring students and speaking frequently on campus
Final decisions will be announced in April 2015. All applicants, both successful and unsuccessful, will be notified of their status at that time.http://www.youthop.com/fellowships/yale-world-fellows-program-2015-for-mid-career-emerging-global-leadershttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Yale-World-Fellows-Program-2015-for-Mid-Career-Emerging-Global-Leaders-1024x535.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Yale-World-Fellows-Program-2015-for-Mid-Career-Emerging-Global-Leaders-300x300.jpgFellowshipsFellowship,Leaders,Yale University