UNU-IAS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2016 for Developing Countries
Deadline: January 31, 2016 | Views: 313
United Nations University Institute of Advanced Studies of Sustainability (UNU-IAS) is currently inviting applications for its UNU-IAS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2016. The program offers to recent PhD graduates to provide them with the opportunity to put the knowledge and expertise acquired during their doctoral research to practical policy-relevant use.
The purpose of the Fellowship is to provide young scholars and policymakers, especially from the developing world, with a multidisciplinary context within which to pursue advanced research and training that are of professional interest to the applicant and of direct relevance to the research agenda of UNU-IAS.
The starting date of the Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme is 1 April. Successful applicants are required to be in Japan by this date. Residency in Tokyo for the full duration of the fellowship is required.
- Economic evaluation of urban ecosystem services.
- Health risk assessment of waterborne infectious diseases in urbanized areas.
- Hydrologic and water quality modelling.
- The fellowship provides a monthly stipend of JPY300,000–360,000.
- UNU-IAS Postdoctoral Fellowships are awarded for a period of 12 months.
- Applicants from developing countries and women are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must have obtained a PhD (or at least successfully defended their doctoral dissertation), in an area broadly associated with the UNU-IAS thematic focus, prior to the application deadline.
- Language proficiency in English is essential.
- Residency in Tokyo for the full duration of the fellowship is required.
- Applicants are invited to complete the online-application form available on the website. If an applicant does not have access to the Internet, he/she should contact UNU-IAS.
- The online form and the required documents indicated in the form must be in English. If supporting documents are not in English, English translations must be attached.
- The UNU-IAS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme begins on 1 April 2016.