UNESCO/ISEDC Co-Sponsored Fellowships Programme 2015 in Russia
Deadline: May 22, 2015 | Views: 24
Location: Moscow, Russia.
Date: October 5 – 30, 2015.
Open to: applicants with BSc or BA degree interested in sustainable and renewable energy sources.
The UNESCO Category II International Center for Sustainable Energy Development (ISEDC) in Moscow is offering 20 fellowships of 4 weeks duration from 5 to 30 October 2015.
The aim of this fellowships programme is to enhance the capacity-building and human resources development in the area of sustainable and renewable energy sources in developing countries and countries in transition. The training activities in the framework of these fellowships are tenable in specialized institutions in the Russian Federation. The medium of instruction will be English. UNESCO will solicit applications from the developing countries and countries in transition.
The candidates may choose to study in the following fields of study:
- Energy and sustainable development;
- Ecological management of energy resources;
- Renewable energy;
- Sustainable and renewable energy power generation.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Holder of at least a BSc degree or BA in Economics;
- Proficient in the Russian language;
- Not more than 35 years of age.
- Beneficiaries will be exempt of paying tuition fees for the entire duration of studies/training;
- Fellows will undertake studies/training under the supervision of an advisor or study director that will be provided by the host institution;
- The donor Government will pay stipends to beneficiaries on a monthly basis, in local currency. The stipend amounting to 800 US dollars is intended to cover living expenses such as accommodation, meals, pocket expenses, and incidentals. The donor will determine the amount of the stipend to be granted to beneficiaries;
- ISEDC will assist in obtaining modest housing for the fellows;
- UNESCO will cover the cost of the round-trip international travel at the most economical rate and the most direct flights;
- UNESCO will pay a one-time travel allowance amounting to 100 US dollars, prior to the fellows’ departure for the Russian Federation;
- Health insurance. To avail of this entitlement, beneficiaries should be declared medically fit by the UNESCO Medical Service that examines the complete medical dossiers.
All applications should be endorsed by the National Commission for UNESCO and must be duly completed in English or French with the following attachments in duplicate:
- The prescribed UNESCO fellowship application form;
- Six photographs;
- Certified photocopies of diplomas;
- Certificate of English Language proficiency;
- Subsequently, for those who have been selected, the UNESCO medical examination form duly completed by a recognized physician (not more than four months before the actual date of studies).
- The prescribed form of which will be sent along with the letter of award. Expenses incurred in the constitution of the medical dossiers will not be reimbursed.
The complete application, duly endorsed by the National Commission for UNESCO, should be sent to:
- The Director-General
7 Place de Fontenoy
75352 Paris 07 SP 13
For information regarding fellowships, please address correspondence to:
- Mr. Ali Zaid
Chief, Fellowships Section, UNESCO