TWAS Offers Fellowships to Young Scientists in Developing Countries
Deadline: October 1, 2016 | Views: 2,029
Type: Fully Funded.
TWAS offers fellowships to young scientists in developing countries to enable them to spend three to 12 months at a research institution in a developing country other than their own. The purpose of these fellowships is to enhance the research capacity of promising scientists, especially those at the beginning of their research career, helping them to foster links for further collaboration.
If you are from developing country and willing to conduct your research in the natural sciences at an institution in a developing country other then your own, then this is the opportunity for you to apply for a 3 to 12 month fellowship offered by the World Academy of Sciences.
Areas to consider include: Agriculture; Ecology; Forests; Biodiversity; Climate change; Land degradation and restoration; Land management; Soil science; Water management.
In order to be eligible to apply you should:
- Hold at least an MSc or equivalent degree;
- Work in any area of natural sciences as a researcher;
- Be a citizen of a developing country;
- Be employed by a research institution in a developing country;
- Ideally be at the beginning of your research career, there is no age limit.
- The fellowships are offered for a minimum of three months and a maximum of twelve months;
- TWAS covers international low-cost airfare plus a contribution towards subsistence amounting to a maximum of USD 300 per month;
- The host institution is expected to provide accommodation and food as well as research facilities.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- Fellowships are awarded by the TWAS Fellowships Committee on the basis of scientific merit.
- Applications should be completed in English.
- Part 1 of the application form should be completed by the applicant and the head of the applicant’s HOME institution, and sent to the TWAS secretariat. Material requested:
- the completed application form;
- passport-style photograph as a separate JPEG file;
- copy of passport page giving personal details (even if expired);
- the applicant’s curriculum vitae;
- full list of publications (do not enclose reprints of articles!);
- letters of recommendation submitted separately to TWAS by two referees who are familiar with the applicant’s work.
The deadline for receipt of applications (Parts 1 and 2) is 1 October of each year.
Applications should be sent to:
TWAS Exchanges Office
ICTP Campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Phone: +39 040 2240-330
Fax: +39 040 2240-689
Applicants should be aware that they can apply for only one TWAS or OWSD fellowship per year. With the exception of the Visiting Scientists programme, all other fellowship programmes offered by TWAS and OWSD are mutually exclusive.http://www.youthop.com/fellowships/twas-offers-fellowships-to-young-scientists-in-developing-countrieshttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/TWAS-Offers-Fellowships-to-Young-Scientists-in-Developing-Countries.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/TWAS-Offers-Fellowships-to-Young-Scientists-in-Developing-Countries-150x150.jpgFellowships