The TED2016 Fellowship Application is Now Open
Deadline: September 20, 2015 | Views: 72
Twice a year, the TED Fellows program opens applications to find a new class of extraordinary thinkers and doers.
Twice a year, a group of interesting and impactful people gathers for the week-long TED experience — which attendees have described as “the ultimate brain spa” and “a journey into the future in the company of those creating it.” It’s a winning formula of brilliant, curious minds and groundbreaking content in an immersive and focused environment.
TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design — three broad subject areas that are collectively shaping our world. But a TED conference is broader still, showcasing important ideas from any discipline, and exploring how they all connect.
The format is fast-paced: 50+ talks over the course of a week, as well as morning and evening get-togethers. As they take in the program, attendees and speakers from vastly different fields can cross-fertilize and draw inspiration from unlikely places. This is the magic of TED.
- Innovators aged 21 to 40, anyone over 18 years old can also to apply.
- TED look for different applicants than many other leadership-oriented programs. Instead of business people, professionals, policy wonks and government officials, the TED Fellows program focuses on doers, makers, inventors, advocates, filmmakers and photographers, musicians and artists, scientists, entrepreneurs, NGO heads, and human rights activists.
- In addition to impressive accomplishment, fine character and a good heart are two very important traits we look for in a every potential TED Fellow.
- More than anything, this focus on character has defined the success of the TED Fellows program.
- Candidates may apply to attend either TED or TEDGlobal
- 20 Fellows are chosen to attend each TED Conference
TED Fellows are selected by the program staff, with extensive reference checking and consultation with experts across all fields. Selections are made by the group as a whole, not by individuals.http://www.youthop.com/fellowships/the-ted2016-fellowship-application-is-now-openhttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/TED-Fellowhip-2015.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/TED-Fellowhip-2015-150x150.jpgFellowships