The Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellows Program is now open
Deadline: November 1, 2016 | Views: 4,471
Location: Washington, DC. USA.
Type: Fully Funded.
This fellowships hosts democratic activists, scholars, and journalists for five-month fellowships, bringing fresh insights and perspectives to Washington, DC. The fellowship offers an important opportunity to explore new ideas in a comparative context, undertake individual research, and share best practices with one another.
The Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellows Program offers five-month fellowships to
- practitioners to focus on strategies and best practices for developing democracy in their country of interest; and to
- scholars to conduct original research for publication. Projects may address the economic, political, social, legal, or cultural aspects of democratic development and include a range of methodologies and approaches.
While the two tracks share many common elements, they have different eligibility requirements and distinct goals, activities, and products associated with them.
The fellowship year begins October 1 and ends July 31 of the following year and is divided into two five-month sessions: the Fall session starts on October 1 and ends on February 28; the Spring session begins on March 1 and ends on July 31. In special cases, the program may accommodate fellows out of cycle.
General Eligibility Requirements:
- Citizens of any country may apply
- Proficiency in the English language
- Topics focusing on the political, social, economic, legal, or cultural aspects of democratic development
- Availability to be in residence at the International Forum for Democratic Studies in Washington, D.C., during the year for which candidates are applying for a fellowship.
Fellowship payments are calculated to cover cost of a short-term, furnished rental aprtment, plus “cost of living” for food, local transportation, and other necessities. Fellows are provided with a fully equipped office, including Internet access and a NED email account, plus a limited budget for long-distance phone calls and professional travel within the United State.
Begin online application here.
There are five steps to the online application process. Please click on each of the links below for an explanation of each step:
For any questions about applying to the Reagan-Fascell Program, please contact: [email protected], or call at: (202) 378-9700.