The Gabr Fellowship 2015 for Emerging Young Leaders
Deadline: December 31, 2014 | Views: 98
Applications are invited for the 2015 Gabr Fellowships from emerging young leaders in the East and West who are active in one of the thematic areas of the fellowship program. The Gabr Fellowship sponsored by the Mohamad Shafik Gabr Foundation is an innovative global cultural exchange project created to foster dialogue, greater understanding and cooperation among emerging young leaders in the East and West. The program targets individuals who have started careers in one of the thematic fields mentioned below and possess a strong passion for international engagement. The program will be paid in full, and participants will not need to incur any costs.
The goal of this program is to connect and build constructive relationships between future leaders from the United States and Egypt. It seeks to create a bilateral relationship between the two nations through cross-cultural dialogue and the development of collaborative projects.
The Fellowships will be paid in full, and participants will not need to incur any costs.
Areas of Interest:
- Social entrepreneurship
- Business entrepreneurship
Selected fellows will travel and live together during a four-week program, spending two weeks in Egypt and two weeks in the United States. Components of the travel program are-
- Fellows will meet the renowned figures in politics, business, art, law and media to discuss the challenges facing their societies and the obstacles to international cooperation.
- Fellows are required to work together on Action Projects building enduring connections through hands-on activities, vigorous discussions, web-based interaction, and joint follow-up action projects.
- Meetings with government officials and independent experts will prompt serious explorations of the world’s most pressing foreign policy issues.
Seminars and small working groups will be held, along with informal discussions and entrepreneurship workshops, the participants will build leadership, negotiation, and mediation skills while delving deeply into complex policy matters and processes.
- Social events with other young leaders’ organizations and alumni of past exchanges following the cultural visits and activities to provide participants with an intimate glimpse of life in the Middle East. With this, Fellows will develop an international cohort of young leaders, dedicated to pursuing cooperative, innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges.
- Applications are invited for the citizens of the United States, Great Britain and Ireland or Egypt and Bahrain only.
- Applicants must be between 24 and 35 years of age.
- Applications are preferred from American, English and Irish applicants who have not traveled previously to Egypt and Egyptian & Bahraini applicants who have not previously traveled to the United States, Great Britain or Ireland.
- Applicants should have strong interest in transnational dialogue and have demonstrated strong leadership abilities in his/her fields.