The 2016 Laureate Global Fellowship Application is Now Open
Deadline: March 13, 2016 | Views: 679
The Laureate Global Fellowship annually recognizes 20 young leaders who have pioneered solutions to urgent challenges in their communities and beyond. Fellows develop leadership expertise and deepen their impact through a dynamic, yearlong learning experience, and join a network of over 1,000 change-makers like them who continue to benefit from learning opportunities and connections throughout their social change careers.
- 18 – 29 years old as of October 1, 2016.
- Founders or co-founders of existing ventures with at least one year of impact.
- Fluent in English (applications must be completed in English).
Please apply through YouthActionNet’s 2016 Laureate Global Fellowship Online Application.
In order to provide the applicants with the opportunity to clearly and thoroughly explain their ventures and personal journey, the application consists of seven sections. Each must be completed in order for an application to be reviewed. There is one additional section which is encouraged but not mandatory.
Part 1: Basic Information. You will provide basic information about you, including contact information.
Part 2: Video Submission. Using guidelines provided in this application, you will create an original video and post it online. Your video will be the first opportunity they have to see your passion, knowledge, and unique perspective. They hope you will be specific and succinct in explaining your personal relationship to your work (why you do what you do), the steps you have made towards change (what your venture does), and what a successful future looks like for your venture.
Part 3: Your Venture. You will describe key elements of your social venture, including core activities, beneficiaries, impact, and achievements.
Part 4: Your Business Model. You will discuss your venture’s funding structure, revenue generation strategies, and partnerships.
Part 5: About You. You will share your background, leadership style, and what you hope to learn if selected.
Part 6: Additional Information. Questions in this section are used primarily for statistics and program learning; they do not affect your eligibility for the fellowship.
Part 7: References. You will be asked to enter the contact information for two references who can discuss your eligibility for the fellowship.
Part 8: Supporting Documents. You will have the opportunity to submit up to three additional documents that may provide judges with a better understanding of your venture. This section is optional but highly encouraged.
Other Fellowship benefits include:
- Recognition at a global awards ceremony, through related media outreach, and blogging and speaking opportunities made available through YouthActionNet
- Year-round learning opportunities and one-on-one coaching based on Fellows’ individual needs and YouthActionNet’s proven leadership development framework
- Being part of a global network of young change-makers, with the chance to connect and collaborate with peers leading change throughout the world
- Access to ongoing learning and networking opportunities as a YouthActionNet alumni
The Laureate Global Fellowship annually recognizes 20 young leaders who have pioneered solutions to urgent challenges in their communities and beyond. Fellows develop leadership expertise and deepen their impact through a dynamic, yearlong learning experience, and join a network of over 1,000 change-makers like them who continue to benefit from...[email protected]AdministratorYouth Opportunities