Chevening South Asia Journalism Fellowship Programme 2016 in UK
Deadline: September 4, 2015 | Views: 30
Location: United Kingdom.
Type: Fully Funded.
Applications are invited for Chevening South Asia Journalism Fellowship Programme from mid-career journalists from the South Asian region. Fellows will participate in seven weeks of lectures, visits, and discussions that introduce them to key UK academics, media and political figures in the field. They will also spend time meeting their peers in some of the UK’s top media organisations, as well as running a symposium on a topic of their choice in the final week.
To be eligible for a Chevening South Asia Journalism Fellowship Programme, you must:
- Be a citizen of India or Pakistan and currently live in the country. You must not hold British nationality.
- Have at least seven years’ work experience prior to applying.
- Be a mid-career journalist working in the political or economic sectors in India or Pakistan
- Have a postgraduate level qualification (or equivalent professional training or experience in a -relevant area) at the time of application.
- Agree to adhere to all relevant guidelines and expectations for the programme.
Each fellowship includes:
- Full programme fees
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship
- Return economy flight from your country of residence to the UK
Applicants for this fellowship award will need to submit their application via the Chevening online application system. Prior to applying please ensure you have the following ready:
- Two references to be provided in a letter format and written in English.
- Valid passport
- University transcripts (undergraduate, postgraduate)
- Please note that only documents in PDF or JPG format can be uploaded and cannot be over 5MB in size.