Apply to the Draper Hills Summer Fellowship Program 2017 at Stanford University
Deadline: November 16, 2016 | Views: 8,042
Location: Stanford University in Palo Alto, California, USA.
Date: July 16, 2017 to August 4, 2017.
The Draper Hills Summer Fellows Program is a three-week executive education program that is run annually on the Stanford faculty. The program brings together a group of 25 to 30 mid-career practitioners in law, politics, government, private enterprise, civil society, and international development from transitioning countries.
This training program provides a unique forum for leaders to connect, exchange experiences, and receive academic training to enrich their knowledge and advance their work. The 2017 program will be held from July 16, 2017 to August 4, 2017 at Stanford University in Palo Alto, California.
- Open to mid-career practitioners working actively in the field of democracy, development, and the rule of law;
- Candidates must be at least 28 years of age at the start of the fellowship in July 2017. The average age of fellows at the time of the program is 38;
- Candidates must be from and currently reside in a country where democracy is not well entrenched. Candidates residing outside their home country due to war or conflict may be granted exceptions;
- Applicants will not be accepted from countries such as: the U.S., Canada, Australia, Japan, and member states of the European Union;
- Applicants can be working as policy-makers, academics, legal professionals, social entrepreneurs, business entrepreneurs, and leaders of civil society organizations (such as representatives of trade unions, non-governmental organizations, the media, business and professional associations);
- In their present capacity, applicants should play important and influential roles in their country’s political, economic, and social development;
- Participants should have demonstrated professional and personal achievements in a relevant sector of democracy, development, and the rule of law.
- Click here to view a PDF of the application guidelines.
- Send complete application by Wednesday, November 16.